Blaser F3

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwpzx9r

Blaser F3 trap anybody used one or have any thoughts on the gun?

I haven't personally but Nathan Hales uses one quite successfully. Any gun can be good in the hands of someone who trusts it and has good shooting ability. 

Last edited by a moderator:
john

sorry to hijack your thread but my pm won't work.

andrew

I meant to say hello over the weekend but only time I saw you was when either you or I were walking to a layout so didn't want to break yours or my concentration.

No worries Ian.. actually sad to say the site is not working well at all these days, takes me ages even to get access and is a long wait between trying to get to different areas of the site. If something isn't broken comes to mind.

Anyway re the Blaser the reason I asked is someone at the club wants my XTR Ultra and he may not want to pay so an exchange may be on. I don't use the Browning since I got the Perazzi so if he asked to swop I would if the Blaser is not a bad bit of kit. It is a bit of a daft situation because I don't think I would use the Blaser either but he is not getting on with it and its no skin off my nose if he wants the Browning. On the other hand Browning's are on of the most popular guns down here and the only Blaser I have seen is his although it is a lovely looking gun I know little about them.

John, that sounds like you end up with another gun that you prolly won't use and then can't sell either.  Why take on some one else's problem?  Just sell the Browning and stash the $ to start a fund for a second Perazzi!!  

I've had a number of "nice" guns that didn't work for me and took forever to flip.  I've also traded away cool guns for a problem that I didn't need.  Fortunately I've managed to curb that and impulse buying but it took years hahaha.  So, besta luck with your own forays hahahaha

No worries Ian.. actually sad to say the site is not working well at all these days, takes me ages even to get access and is a long wait between trying to get to different areas of the site. If something isn't broken comes to mind.
Just to keep you aware that I am aware of what is being said.... the site wasn't broken, but it would have been 100% unsupported if we had not upgraded. 

I am aware that things are taking some time to resolve - but if you think I am enjoying fixing code rather than watching TV - then you are mistaken. Constant sniping in threads is not going to make me get it fixed faster. 

Just to keep you aware that I am aware of what is being said.... the site wasn't broken, but it would have been 100% unsupported if we had not upgraded. 

I am aware that things are taking some time to resolve - but if you think I am enjoying fixing code rather than watching TV - then you are mistaken. Constant sniping in threads is not going to make me get it fixed faster. 
Sorry admin I was very frustrated with the site over the weekend it too ages to do anything for some reason. I thoroughly appreciate the value of the site and all it offers... for free! Please accept my apologies as I can well understand your frustration reading all the criticism while you are working hard to resolve the issues. 

John, that sounds like you end up with another gun that you prolly won't use and then can't sell either.  Why take on some one else's problem?  Just sell the Browning and stash the $ to start a fund for a second Perazzi!!  

I've had a number of "nice" guns that didn't work for me and took forever to flip.  I've also traded away cool guns for a problem that I didn't need.  Fortunately I've managed to curb that and impulse buying but it took years hahaha.  So, besta luck with your own forays hahahaha
Hear you loud and clear Charlie if he does want it I will accept his cash! I have never looked at the Browning since I got the Perazzi and it is just sitting behind the sofa so maybe get rid and yes buy another of those nice P guns... would I use it though? I know it is said that you can never have too many guns but if you only ever use one what is the point?

Having a second Perazzi merely displays good taste.  And it gives you a platform to try things on without compromising the stable and always having a baseline to compare against and not be in guessing mode.

And NEVER loan it to anyone!  If it is not always on hand, what would be the point?

just sayin' ......

Charlie

Well that is me convinced Charlie! Now on the look out for a nice MX8 or maybe a MX2000 spotted a few nice ones but not near enough home, don't want to have to drive more than 100 miles :)

there is a saying in uk trap circuit.

"beware of the shooter with only one gun"

just saying

I recommend the several versions of the one gun method

Not that I've been so successful with that path but the one gun thing didn't work either hahaha

I recommend the several versions of the one gun method

Not that I've been so successful with that path but the one gun thing didn't work either hahaha
Think I am going to try and sell the Beretta, Browning and my Brno Rifle. Then with the proceeds buy another really good MX8 as a back up for my main gun. The Beretta and Brno are for game and I am not going to shoot game down here... far too dangerous! Not the game the other shooters :)  . That way I have just the two guns behind the sofa.

Think I am going to try and sell the Beretta, Browning and my Brno Rifle. Then with the proceeds buy another really good MX8 as a back up for my main gun. The Beretta and Brno are for game and I am not going to shoot game down here... far too dangerous! Not the game the other shooters :)  . That way I have just the two guns behind the sofa.
And being Perazzis, you'll always be able to rob parts from each of them so you'll have at least one functioning gun (Hopefully?).  :angel:

And being Perazzis, you'll always be able to rob parts from each of them so you'll have at least one functioning gun (Hopefully?).  :angel:
And you obviously have the experience of them letting you down in major championships...... so you stopped using them ? Unlike the very best!  And of course you will be able to tell us all the parts that I may need to shift from one gun to the other to get one good functional one... honestly the verbal  excrement spouted on here about the best trap gun ever made is laughable... I wonder how they ever won anything really... don't tell me new hammer springs every round.

ok you'll see ips sniping elsewhere. Broken bottom barrel spring on saturday, bottom ejector popped 12 unfired cartridges onto the layout over the weekend to the bemusement of the other squad members. [I caught the remainder. Think I'll have to go to an annual service regime]. My thanks to Rob Hall Gunroom and Hopkins Gunsmiths for their assistance. Saw my first DT11L at Hodnet last night but no thanks.

It certainly is a sad comment on quality when the things won't even clean and oil themselves.  Forces me to spend my time and energy to do that once a year myself.  Damned inconvenient I can tell you.

Back