10 shot auto at clay ground

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dazza

Was shooting at my local ground today Greenfield's Canterbury at stand one when I saw a lady shooting a look a like AR 15 or some thing to that effect she shot at the first two pairs then no reload shot again no reload she and her husband had filled a magazine up with 10 cartridges ,my mate stopped them to say this was wrong and got a mouthfull of the husband saying all kinds of crap ,this people should not have guns if they do not know the law or rules at clay grounds 

Outrageous, never saw any of that but make absolutely sure the idiot gets the news from Tim or Gary. 

Outrageous, never saw any of that but make absolutely sure the idiot gets the news from Tim or Gary. 
Yes hamster told peter in the shop plus staff on ground who went and watched them ,they then started to change magazine after ever two shots ,5 mags to shoot one stand ,do not mind that but not 10 in one mag !

!

The term "Pack up, Pick up and P...er,  urinate off springs to mind !

Last edited by a moderator:
this happened a few times  before, and while a lot of grounds accept anyone to enter a shoot, it will happen again, i am surprised that `anyone` can just enter, especially a reg shoot etc, where they may be 

a/not a member or guest with a member of that grounds/club.

b/ not a cpsa or other such organisation  member, or similar,

c/ not an insured shooter,

d/ not very bright , ignorance of rules and etiquette is no excuse.

e/ any other reason which is against the spirit of the sport.

i know it is difficult to police , and some may not agree with my view,,, however  it is very much open to abuse for people to do as they please. 

not to put off the new shooter, far from it , but a bit of control with new faces etc.

one way is to have a disclaimer and indemnity form, to say you understand the rules,  etc which must be signed before shooting,this to safeguard every-one ,  not just a hidden sign behind a bush.

I thought anything over three was ilegal ?

its not a practical shotgun or 3 gun tactical range,,, as far as i know at Green fields, Kent.   so a tad irrelevant ?

i used to shoot 3 gun,, aint got any .45  pistols anymore. :frown:

Somebody I know has a multishot .410 (on an FAC). He very occasionally uses it on a game day and it quite funny to watch the other guns when he finally hits something on about the 5th shot? He runs the shoot -  so it is his choice to use it as long as it is safe.

He NEVER takes it to a clay ground. 

This is relatively common and almost impossible to monitor. A bit like finding 40gms No3 cases in the bin after a practice day - scary!

I assume it's a saiga 12 the gun that's being talked about? 

These don't have a tube magazine. 

It has to be noted on the certificate that the Chief Constable ALSO approves the use for clay target shooting . But Clay rules must be observed NO MORE than two loaded at any time.

Latest posts

Back