British Compak GP

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evoracer

It all seems to be kicking off on social media over this anyone there got any details of what actually went on?

TIA 

Well the inferavnce is that someone who shall remain nameless called a baulk / distraction due to a pigeon. 

This is seen by some as cheating by someone who has a history of err alleged cheating. 

This is also seen by others as sour grapes picking on someone who wins fair and square. 

What actually happened, who knows but let's not ruin a good drama :)

Oh that as well, yes I forgot about that bit, but it's not as good as the social media feed I am reading about cheating ?

I've read the same one but was the accuser there?

actually I'm possibly not reading the same feed as the one I read mentions the miss counted score!

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it hard to believe anyone could cheat there way to a win under such conditions ! surely other competitors would have raised an objection long before the final target was broken, Have read the above quote on facebook by a certain shooters other half and all i can say is people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. other then that guess we should all wait until someone in a position to give a true account has spoken.

I find it hard to believe anyone could cheat there way to a win under such conditions ! surely other competitors would have raised an objection long before the final target was broken, Have read the above quote on facebook by a certain shooters other half and all i can say is people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. other then that guess we should all wait until someone in a position to give a true account has spoken.
​ouch, spill the beans!!!!

It would seem that a distraction (as in I missed because of that pigeon crossing into view) was sought after firing at a single twice and missing. Accounts vary but some claim the shooter had already left the stand as well; the ref it appears made a judgement call and allowed the request. To make matters worse Mark Winser apparently shot a 196 but was wrongly counted one shy of making the final which was duly won by a straight. 

Things are as clear as a cup of Earl Grey with full fat milk at the mo but for what it's worth as I've said in the past on similar controversies, the time to chime in with complaints is there and then when all is fresh and clear with adequate/reliable witnesses. The ref has done his job, judged and made a decision, even if that decision is found in hind sight to have been flawed, tis too late after the event.

Still, I remain mightily impressed by a few exceptional performances and only wish a pigeon stood in my way to greatness.

Guys I do wish this was exciting and full of drama as it's been made out to be, this will be my only post I won't respond to any goading or nameless idiots having a dig. 

I was in peg 5 and It was a report pair I called for the A target as I did a pigeon flew straight across the flight path I missed A the report bird came and I hit it. I raised my hand as per the rules as I did the shooter in stand one called his pair. I waited till he had shot I then called the referee and asked if he saw the pigeon to which he said are you claiming distraction ? I replied yes and his response was Ben reshoot the pair ! 

Sorry it was no more revelling than that but this was witnessed by ten people no more and the rest are speculating. Was a great event and the shoot off was fantastic... Thanks to everyone for there messages of support 

Ben 

Guys I do wish this was exciting and full of drama as it's been made out to be, this will be my only post I won't respond to any goading or nameless idiots having a dig. 

I was in peg 5 and It was a report pair I called for the A target as I did a pigeon flew straight across the flight path I missed A the report bird came and I hit it. I raised my hand as per the rules as I did the shooter in stand one called his pair. I waited till he had shot I then called the referee and asked if he saw the pigeon to which he said are you claiming distraction ? I replied yes and his response was Ben reshoot the pair ! 

Sorry it was no more revelling than that but this was witnessed by ten people no more and the rest are speculating. Was a great event and the shoot off was fantastic... Thanks to everyone for there messages of support 

Ben 
​thanks for the response I asked on here for first hand account as too much bull sh*te on social media!

I have to say, I am genuinely easily distracted. Some people don't seem to be bothered by such stuff but it genuinely gets me. I used to shoot with a mate who called pull as he was loading the cartridges. A real instinct type of guy. He couldn't understand that a bird whizzing past the clay could put me off. At Weston a few weeks ago, a couple of large bugs decided to "couple up" and do their deed in front of my nose as a sim pair carried on untouched. I don't mind saying I claimed a distraction and then hit the pair. 

But, I do hate it when people push it when they really haven't hit a target. The classic one is on rabbits when there is a lot of shatter on the ground. Any old shot will hit something and throw some clay parts around. Refs.. Do your job, stick to your guns.

It would seem that a distraction (as in I missed because of that pigeon crossing into view) was sought after firing at a single twice and missing. Accounts vary but some claim the shooter had already left the stand as well; the ref it appears made a judgement call and allowed the request. To make matters worse Mark Winser apparently shot a 196 but was wrongly counted one shy of making the final which was duly won by a straight. 

Things are as clear as a cup of Earl Grey with full fat milk at the mo but for what it's worth as I've said in the past on similar controversies, the time to chime in with complaints is there and then when all is fresh and clear with adequate/reliable witnesses. The ref has done his job, judged and made a decision, even if that decision is found in hind sight to have been flawed, tis too late after the event.

Still, I remain mightily impressed by a few exceptional performances and only wish a pigeon stood in my way to greatness.
It does seem to lend validity to the idea that sporting should be tough enough to not depend on a single target. Yes, I know this is Compak, but the principle still applies. All too close and single target dependent for my liking..

Ben 
​Well said Ben and congratulations on a fantastic win well deserved and i believe there is not a shooter on the planet who would not have done exactly the same given the circumstances.

Back