Bilateral frozen shoulder

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iggy

Evening all,

I've been suffering with pain at the top of my right shoulder (right handed) for a couple of months now.  Went to the docs who sent me for X-rays and bloods, neither of which showed anything but do today I had an ultrasound which diagnosed the above. 

Now apart from explaining why I'm so crap, does anyone on here have any experience of this and what the implications are for ongoing participation in this game?

Ive been using a 692 with 28g shells for the last two years and getting on with it, but have I got to reconsider this now and loom at an auto or could the 692 be modified in some way?

No news yet on treatment although the chap doing the Ultrasouns said it may include injections or physio or both?

Any advice greatly received. 

Ian. 

I've had the injection and phisio on my left one it's fine now right one is slight but nowhere near as bad as my left was. did they mention a busar (sp) 

Just how mine started, injections and physio did nothing for me but an MRI showed the underlying cause was ulcerative degeneration in the joint. 3 weeks ago I had an A C joint excision to remove the ulceration and a subacromial decompression. They removed the Burser ( fluid filled sack) and gave me a sand and polish to make sure the tendons run smoothly and don't get inflamed. It is looking like I will be unable to shoot for 5 to 6 months, they won't even let me drive for 2 months. 

When I am allowed the cabinet keys back I will be going to see Dennis Stepney for a new EvoComp stock with a hydraulic damper in. It's not that I need it, but I'm not taking any chances. 

For now I'm limiting myself to longing looks at the cabinet and sleeping in my skeet vest.

I hope yours both turn out better than mine.

Iain

You have my deepest sympathy with your condition. Read the next series of threads in this category titled 'Pain in the neck'.

You have my deepest sympathy with your condition. Read the next series of threads in this category titled 'Pain in the neck'.
​Just to add to this, we are in the middle of a house move and I have been shifting boxes today. I am some serious grief tonight. I have not been able to shoot for the past 2 weeks and it is looking doubtful for this Sunday. Recoil has not been an issue, but lifting the weight of gun certainly has been. Anything above a 45 degree angle is safe !

you old f^rts need to flog your gear and play scrabble,,,,,,,,,

otherwise, do like me and suffer, it`s kak to get old,,,,,,,,,,,

I can't see it being shooting related unless your using a 20lb gun and anti aircraft ammo.

Have you done something to twist or jar your shoulder. It could be something that seemed trivial at the time.

I had a similar injury. Caused by my son jumping off the side of the swimming pool on to  my arm.  It only started to cause pain a couple of days later.  We were halfway through a  holiday so it was unlikely to be anything else that caused it.  After suffering for a couple or three months I'd had enough and saw a consultant who found fluid on the tendon. 1 injection and 3 physio sessions fixed it. 

Not had a problem since and I Shoot a 50lb Bow a couple of times a week. 

That's one heavy bow Paul, how the he'll do you lift that?

Must shoot arrows like javelins

Last edited by a moderator:
Evening all,

I've been suffering with pain at the top of my right shoulder (right handed) for a couple of months now.  Went to the docs who sent me for X-rays and bloods, neither of which showed anything but do today I had an ultrasound which diagnosed the above. 

Now apart from explaining why I'm so crap, does anyone on here have any experience of this and what the implications are for ongoing participation in this game?

Ive been using a 692 with 28g shells for the last two years and getting on with it, but have I got to reconsider this now and loom at an auto or could the 692 be modified in some way?

No news yet on treatment although the chap doing the Ultrasouns said it may include injections or physio or both?

Ian. 
Ian,

Good luck with the shoulder mate. Pain is sh*t, I know, in it most of the time (pain that is, well and sh*t to be honest?).

As for the gun, have you tried a gun with the ISIS reducer on the back and a green/X pad with it? Maybe that and/or 21gm carts?

Evening all,

Ian. 
Sorry to hear that Ian. Frozen shoulder/Ahesive Capsulitis is a painful condition that can last for up to 2 years. Physio can help reduce the restriction (doesn't always work) and cortisone injections can ease the pain (generally short lived). There are reasons why some get frozen shoulder but can also just happen without explanation. I would be surprised if it is purely shooting related. Word of warning, the pain could get worse before it gets better...

My advice would be to go and see a Physio for an assessment and specific advice regarding your shoulder as each person varies.

Here is some general information regarding the condition. http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Frozen-shoulder/Pages/Introduction.aspx

good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Iggy

mrs jasper has bursistis in right shoulder ( right handed) injection no effect . now undergoing physio . decided to go down the semi auto route despite being a semi hater. now loving the new gun and shooting with much more comfort. check out the story so far in the A400 xcel thread in the guns section.

jasper

Evening all.....apologies for the late reply, been busy at home with a few issues plus I've had a few weeks off the shooting to see if it helps. 

I really appreciate all the input, as sorry as I am to hear others suffering it's really encouraging to learn I haven't got to pack it all in.

I actually I had a call from the GP earlier today, booking me in for a follow up appt next Tuesday following on from the scan...so we will se how that goes. 

Hoping to get out this weekend so it looks like I'll be using the A400 Xcel..I had been hoping to move this on and settle with the 692 but it looks like the best way to keep shooting without making my shoulders worse. 

Evening all.

Went to the docs today, he rubbed his chin for a bit and read the report from the ultrasound and said "mmmm your shoulders are in a bit of a mess aren't they...I'll refer you"

So that's something I suppose.

In the meantime I'm going to switch over to my smurf gun (A400 Xcel) and see how I get along with that.

I've been looking at the ISIS green pad but I'm finding their website a bit confusing...what's the difference between their convex  and concave pads, the two drawings look the same?

Its not so much the recoil I'm bothered about in fairness as I know the A400 is pretty soft and the Clever T2's aren't thumpy either, it's actually the process of lifting and swinging the gun for 100 clays...it hurts to even lift the kettle at the moment.

Thanks all.

Evening all.

Went to the docs today, he rubbed his chin for a bit and read the report from the ultrasound and said "mmmm your shoulders are in a bit of a mess aren't they...I'll refer you"

So that's something I suppose.

In the meantime I'm going to switch over to my smurf gun (A400 Xcel) and see how I get along with that.

I've been looking at the ISIS green pad but I'm finding their website a bit confusing...what's the difference between their convex  and concave pads, the two drawings look the same?

Its not so much the recoil I'm bothered about in fairness as I know the A400 is pretty soft and the Clever T2's aren't thumpy either, it's actually the process of lifting and swinging the gun for 100 clays...it hurts to even lift the kettle at the moment.

Thanks all.
Good that he has referred you on. Time to get it looked at.

if you do go down the recoil pad route, just give them a ring and discuss. The chap who makes the pads is very helpful and will advise accordingly.

Back