682 Gold E trigger movement

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mototrick

Hi. I'm new to the forum. 

I've recently sold my faithful beretta 686e and bought a lovely looking 682 Gold e. 

The 682 seems to have quite a lot of side to side trigger movement. I'd say 1mm side to side when hammers are forward and 2mm side to side when cocked. The gun rattles if I shake it!  I can't remember the 686 doing it and I thought the actions were the same?

Although I've had my license a good few years I've shot a relatively low amount, so my experience with buying guns is limited. 

Can anyone confirm if the trigger movement is typical of the 682 or is there a problem? If it is not right what would cause the trigger to become loose?  With the stock removed and the action exposed the whole trigger assembly moves. The gun looks hardly used but I'm wondering if it's done a lot of work and has been cleverly renovated. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

My g00gle-fu is playing up a bit this morning but the trigger is supposed to be adjustable, maybe there's a part missing? Also there's supposed to be two trigger plates supplied with the gun, did you get them both? You don't mention if the 682 is new or 2nd hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. 

The gun is second hand. I did get two trigger plates in the spares box. Plus the one on the gun. Fore-aft trigger feeling is good. It's the side to side 'wobble' that concerns me. I've tried bingle too but nothing obvious comes up. That's why I wondered if it was normal?

Last edited by a moderator:
my 682 gold e triggers had slight play in them, i think it's  part of the design. Is it just the trigger movement or is it the whole bottom trigger plate moving. If so there is a screw under the safety catch which bolts the top tang and the trigger plate together.

Hi Simon-B

Its the whole trigger plate and internals in the receiver. I'll check out the screw you mention later. 

To remove the safety catch there is a small roll pin that needs pushing out and the catch then lifts out, its a bit fiddly to reassemble. :umnik:

Thanks. 

I will not be doing anything myself. I've to ring the dealer tomorrow about something else so I'll mention the trigger. I only picked up the gun this weekend.

I'm always paranoid about buying second hand. I always seem to pick up something duff matter how careful I am. 

Latest posts

Back