ShootClay Admin

Site Upgrade - Under Way

PhilS

I don't have an answer to the "friends" question above so I am going to experiment and press the "follow this member" button and Ips you are my guinea pig :)

I don't think that is the right button to make friends but rather follow content of people.

Guinea is too much Sian.  Half a crown mebiz? 

Edited by PhilS
stoopid auto correct ?
  • Like 1

I don't have an answer to the "friends" question above so I am going to experiment and press the "follow this member" button and Ips you are my guinea pig :)

I don't think that is the right button to make friends but rather follow content of people.

​I have no friends now either Sian. I had several, including your good self, but now they've all deserted me.

No! No! I'll be Ok. Just feeling a little lonely.....................:bye:

• Like 1

ips

I am honoured sian but can report nothing happening this end re friend request or anything.  I too have lost my network of friends which is a pity as I liked them all :(

Edit

Just had a look and can find no mention of a friends section.  ?

Edited by ips

I too have lost my network of friends which is a pity as I liked them all :(

​Really?? All of them? You had a right motley crew as your "friends"  :hug:

ips

Very true and you my good friend was up there with the real motley crew.

Ps 

We have all lost our gallery as well it would seem :(

Rosso

We are all Billy no mates.:(

Will Hewland

Development points (I am on iPad Matt, not sure if same on PC):

When replying to a post, the cursor is there but I have to tap on the box to get typing activated.

When that message appears to say that somebody has replied to the thread, it cover your own text and stays in the way so you can't continue typing. Can it time out after three seconds?

cheers W

Skeet UK

Where has the ShootClay Shop gone and how do we get ShootClay stuff?

Simps

Haven't been on here for a while but noticed that my post count has gone back to zero for some reason? Also lost my avatar picture.

Hahahahaha sorry - wrong forum!

Edited by Simps

chippy

That's called the stalker button.

Sian

That's called the stalker button.

That would be me then ?

• Like 1

RobertBeard

Has the Ignore Thread button disappeared or not been brought forward from the previous version?

ShootClay Admin

Has the Ignore Thread button disappeared or not been brought forward from the previous version?

Good question.... I will look into that this weekend.... It may have been an add on to the last version. 

ShootClay Admin

Friends have been replaced by followers.... A la Twitter.  

ShootClay Admin

We have all lost our gallery as well it would seem :(

there is a new, and equally improved Gallery.... I can work on it this weekend, but it did seem that very few people used the old one...  What are people's opinions, useful? Not useful? Worth me renewing a license for? 

ips

cant say I am bothered personally however if we ever need to do another "ips does .....?"  then were stuffed.

BTC3

Matt - a tiny insignificant thing, but the image at the top of the page, when I look at it on my desktop (Mac, Yosemite, Safari and Chrome) is very blurry and abstract, but when I look at it on my mobile (chrome on android device) it is clear and in focus - looks like a load of  F3 cartridges, think I saw a similar image somewhere else on here.  It matters not a jot, unless there is a resizing bug somewhere linked to the image, either because it's meant to be clear on a desktop and isn't or the other way round on mobile...

Beyond that, it looks really good, it's easy to navigate on my desktop, thanks for going to all the trouble of updating!

ShootClay Admin

Matt - a tiny insignificant thing, but the image at the top of the page, when I look at it on my desktop (Mac, Yosemite, Safari and Chrome) is very blurry and abstract, but when I look at it on my mobile (chrome on android device) it is clear and in focus - looks like a load of  F3 cartridges, think I saw a similar image somewhere else on here.  It matters not a jot, unless there is a resizing bug somewhere linked to the image, either because it's meant to be clear on a desktop and isn't or the other way round on mobile...

Beyond that, it looks really good, it's easy to navigate on my desktop, thanks for going to all the trouble of updating!

​Yeah - have noticed the same - it is a background of some shells that is supposed to be a bit blurry so that the logo shows up on it. 
I have noticed the issue of it not working properly on the desktop - it is a bit annoying, and I will look at it when I can figure it out. 

Will Hewland

I now have a clear picture of shells, instead of an arty orange and grey fuzz (which I quite liked).

ShootClay Admin

Yep - tinkered a bit this afternoon.... It's just a bit of a colour - I might change it every so often if I find a nice picture. 

This is a crop of a picture taken by Jem I think - in Nad Al Sheba. 

• Like 1

ShootClay Admin

Removing this from featured topics for now...

Will leave pinned in the the forum information section. 

JonathanR

I seem to be having problems viewing the site on an iPad now, which I didn't have before (problems, that is, not the iPad).

Some times, the site looks fine, and exactly as it does on the laptop screen. At others, the iPad page goes blank, and a small message appears at the top of the screen, saying 'There was a problem with this page, and it is being reloaded'. At that point, I usually have to refresh the page.

SIMON-B

Matt when will it be possible to login using tapatalk.

thanks.

Santa2512

Hi Matt,

Logged in from work yesterday, all OK :)

One thing i have noticed, with the spangly new banner,  where the notification / status bar is,  the background in that area has a white section, as does the status notifications

Makes it a tad difficult to see if you have a notification

:santa:

RobertBeard

Can't see any ready access to the alphabetic list of members?