ShootClay Admin

Site Upgrade - Under Way

ips

Have to say on an android phone it's much slower and I don't find it as easy to use also still doesn't go to last post unread in a topic just goes to beginning.

Prefer the old one myself.

• Like 2

ShootClay Admin

Have to say on an android phone it's much slower and I don't find it as easy to use also still doesn't go to last post unread in a topic just goes to beginning.

Prefer the old one myself.

​Well - I'm sorry - there is no chance of going back as the old software is unsupported.  From my windows phone, and from my my Ipad - the site is much faster. 

If you are looking on the new content page - you can click or touch (ipad/phone etc) on the timestamp at the far right - and it will take you directly to the last post in a thread.  I have highlighted it on the attached picture...

This has always been available and allows you to link to specific response. 

• Like 1

ips

I fully understand we had to change accountancy software due to original one no longer supported took a while but got used to it eventually. Will have a go with the clicky thing

thanks 

Rosso

Matt- cannot even remember what old site was like. Much better, faster, no problems. Thanks for your efforts it cannot have been much if an Easter for you doing all this. 

Hope you got some shooting in. 

• Like 1

ShootClay Admin

No shooting yet (have hardly looked out of the window) - but have given myself a day off on Wednesday to shoot the Essex Masters. 

ShootClay Admin

I've lost the link for the new TRADER thingy - I'm an iPad user if it makes any difference 

​I need to fix that - I've lost the ability to edit the navigation at the top - I will get that fixed. 

ShootClay Admin

​I need to fix that - I've lost the ability to edit the navigation at the top - I will get that fixed. 

And it's done... sorry about that!

V8 90

Working now ;) looking good !!

PhilS

Whole thing looks good, but still no Shootclay Cup banner ?

ShootClay Admin

It's not really a bug - but there is no final news on the cup yet, still working on a sponsor. 

PhilS

No, I meant the banner we all got for attending last year's.  I thought we would be 'collecting and displaying' them all as the years went by ?

ShootClay Admin

They may not come back.  The badge system as it stands has been retired, I am looking at some options. 

PhilS

?...............................?

tpd1309

New site looks great

Edited by tpd1309
  • Like 1

ShootClay Admin

Thanks tpd - it's getting there, will keep developing as long as people keep showing up. 

balltrap

Matt the link from the front page to the forum is broken and the link in forum to home in forum also not working !

ShootClay Admin

Yep, I got it... Was reported in the bugs forum. 

Have broken the htaccess file.... Someone is fixing it for me!

emvicne

Good work Matt - really neat site now, loving the new format. Thank you for your hard work. 

Sian

Do we not have friends any more?  Do we need to re-friend people and if so, do we use the "follow this member" button?  

Mark Fresh

Good on you for making the change, I know it's not easy.

There's a problem going to http://www.shootclayforum.com/ it brings up the error:

"Sorry, there is a problem
We apologize for the downtime, but the system will be back online as soon as possible!

Error code: 2S100/4"

ShootClay Admin

Yep - am aware - am trying to fix with the software people now.... probably my fault. 

ShootClay Admin

As expected - was my fault. 

Should all be fixed now. 

Wonko the Sane

They may not come back.  The badge system as it stands has been retired, I am looking at some options. 

​Well that's not acceptable!!  I WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW HOW WONDERFUL I AM!!  :cool:  :angel:

I think the new biz looks great - good job, man

Dog Tyred

Ditto previous comments Matt. New format looks great. Few bugs and familiarisation are expected but looking good so far :)

DT

Sian

I don't have an answer to the "friends" question above so I am going to experiment and press the "follow this member" button and Ips you are my guinea pig :)

I don't think that is the right button to make friends but rather follow content of people.

Edited by Sian
  • Like 1