Cheddite Cartridges?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicky T

Evening all,

Has anyone shot Cheddite cartridges? If so what are your experiences and/or opinions of them and which of their products would you recommend for Sporting?

Nick

Check them out at A1 shooting ground as they are importing them. Various types. I have not shot them but hubby and others have. They like them and they are very smooth.

Malmo's are importing some soon, is that why you are asking?

Check them out at A1 shooting ground as they are importing them. Various types. I have not shot them but hubby and others have. They like them and they are very smooth.
Thanks Nicola, that backs up what I've heard about them so far from the Northern contingent ;)

June 1st I think is when they go on sale. They are also looking for resellers according to the websites

if you ever opened winchester winners from back in the day i seem to remember the shot was all different sizes inside

Sorry guys I made a mistake. A1 stock them but are not now going to be the importers.

Mike is quite right, the importers are now in fact Malmos.

if you ever opened winchester winners from back in the day i seem to remember the shot was all different sizes inside
So were Hull Pro One's I seem to recall. I had a thou once and they shot so krapp I actually opened one up to find miss shaped and multi size shot in them, so bad that I actually sent some back to Hull held between cello tape! Fair play to them they called back to apologise.

Hamster, can you please explain "shot string" to a relative newcomer......
all the shot is attached on a piece of string inside the cartridge, upon firing the string un ravels and then evaporates mid flight with contact to air, leaving the shot free to fly towards where you were pointing. the length of shot string is altered depending on which type of cartridge is used. hamster obviously likes short shot string, i tend to prefer longer shot string, maybe this is why he is better than me?

Last edited:
all the shot is attached on a piece of string inside the cartridge, upon firing the string un ravels and then evaporates mid flight with contact to air, leaving the shot free to fly towards where you were pointing. the length of shot string is altered depending on which type of cartridge is used. hamster obviously likes short shot string, i tend to prefer longer shot string, maybe this is why he is better than me?
Thanks...very interesting. Love a bit of technical education....I suppose the follow up questions should be, why is the string needed? how does one know what size of string one is shooting with (my general thoughts were that given the pellets are housed in a relatively generic sized shell that this shouldn"t differ too much :huh: ) ? and what are the theoretical benefits of "short" or "long" string?

Thanks...very interesting. Love a bit of technical education....I suppose the follow up questions should be, why is the string needed? how does one know what size of string one is shooting with (my general thoughts were that given the pellets are housed in a relatively generic sized shell that this shouldn"t differ too much :huh: ) ? and what are the theoretical benefits of "short" or "long" string?
Good question ;) :D :D :D

this is obviously a sign of a man bored at work today .

Latest posts

Back