GB SELETION SHOOTS NO PRIZE MONEY THIS YEAR?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ginger gun

this year apparently no prize money on selection shoots more funding for teams thats got to be better, and enteries lower ,ive got very mixed feelings this is the french way of doing things is this wot gb need or r we not going to get the top boys shooting thet selection shoots ,we realy need to be back on top again in the team events again not down the list, needed sponsors badly, any thoughts guys?

No prize money????

Yeah more funding for the teams because funding is so piss poor and basically you have to self fund yourself to shoot for your country!!!

No prize money??? No wonder the best shots in the country have no interest in shooting the selection shoots then.

Glen.

The only scary thing for the fitasc is now 75% of the entry is Vetrans!! Hopefully this reduced entry for Juniors will bosst some talent in this discipline great idea!

I think they are going down the right road and good luck to them!! :) :)

My only sugestion is to make them 1 day shoots because £450-500 to shoot the selection shoots is too much especially with no tin to win.

Only thing is it doesn't get the consistancy men in.

Anyway roy when the cpsa rob you of £1500 worth of points you tend not to do them!

its way too much money. 100 reg. fitasc as a whole is £20 a round too much money. greedy fudging ground owners i say.

They need to be one day if you want the numbers, it's too expensive as it is, then add in a hotel, meal, beer (s) etc etc it's a huge weekend. As most of the selection shoots seem to be at the far ends of the country I'm deciding to sack it off and focus on the sporting majors now. Will look at them Again next year if there is a bit less distance involved.

You need to keep the prize money and make them one day otherwise the teams will be weaker and weaker as the top lads won't want to play!

The best shots in any discipline generally go where the prize fund is.

I shot with a gentleman on Thursday who shot the English SxS Championship final at West London 1979 sponsored by Sporting Gun and others.

First prize a Range Rover to keep, 2nd a pair of Holland & Holland, 3rd a pair of EJ Churchills, prizes down to 20th place.

Think I would have dropped 1 or 2 on the last stand to drop me into 2nd :D 1979 range rover, would get £150 from the scrappy for it now :( pair of H&H £££££s :lol: :.:

Are these the same people who shoot 3 x 100 targets on a Sunday?

Yep, because 3x£150 is an attraction. If there was no prizemoney they would go elsewhere!

But there never was any prize money at feasco?HG maybe, rest was poo.I agree it's to much money like Glen said it's all old gits with to much money.what sqde am i.

Doing the fitasc selection shoot at grimsthorpe in september never been there , anyone shed any light on the target presentation there , carl

Carl if you'll love it. Nothing they can't throw there.

We don't have ANY money at most FITASC shoots. If you want money, you pay as you go. So only the ones that are willing to gamble can have a chance to pick up some money. This keeps entry pricing affordable and more shooters participate! Our own sporting shoots are a Lewis class thing wereby $10 go back from every entry.

Regards,

Henry ;)

I thinke selection shoots are what it says on the box,it's the badge not the money if you are not interested in the badge then yes it's a lot of money.If i was good enough to stand a chance to get in the team i wouldn't give a toss about prize money,to shoot for GB is worth more than £150 squid.my opinion of course?

Good point, but a lot of the lads who are strong condensers can't justify a £250+ weekend without the chance of a half reasonable pickup.

Sorry Ed but,that's the nature of the sport or any sport that you want to be top of,life's a bitch then you die?

your right elvis we had some laughs with stoney and crew thats wot it was about, and a chance of getting a bit off prize money and mybe a badge some times, but theres still no need for poor pay outs how mutch profit do they wont to make greed or is it just there only income ? the last big pay out took a foreiner to sponsor the british gp and that was a big entry at the cafe brilliant prizes and pay out why cant we do it again we need good management, i wonder if the london games will help in any way? perhaps we could have a complete breakdown of costings for a better understanding of things . any way il still do it when i can cause i loooove it!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back