'the other place'

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salopian

Most of us on this site ( I avoided the word web for obvious reasons) have come over from another forum.Perhaps you may not have realised is that although you have defected, you are actually the only active members posting there.I am a little tired of hearing from Dennis about how much money he has, and how Nicola has ruined his site and the CPSA.Fact:- (1) Dennis ruined his site.         (2) Nicola has resigned from the CPSA board, she has not ruined the CPSA.The Board & the membership of which Nicola & I and many of you are members ,  are perfectly capable of ruining it without Nicola''s help.         (3) This is a very good discussion forum, well moderated, although I don't think it as been needed yet. Let's keep it a good site.         (4) I think it would be fair to say that if we here did not post on 'the other place', there would be very little traffic. Finally I will say to everyone here that if I offend you at all, I apologise because I probably did not mean to do so. I love everything about shooting and fieldsports, if you think I can help please do not hesitate to ask for help. If you want me to shut up tell me (as I pause for breath)./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif 

Last edited by a moderator:
I fully agree - I've been in there in the last few days to correct a few untruths and misconceptions that they had about myself and this site. I don't want anyone the think that I have an agenda, or I am not who I say I am - I'm proud of ShootClay, and what it has become.I also agree with your comments about keeping this site well moderated and sensible - as I have said all along, ShootClay is much bigger than this forum, and I'll close the forum in a heart beat if I think it is lowering the tone of the site I am building.Luckily - as I have said elsewhere - so far, I have given everyone the respect I feel they deserve - and it has been returned in kind - that's how it should be - we're all on the same side, until we are shooting against each other.Thanks for your words Salopian. I agree that we should leave the other place alone.

I logged out of "the other site" when Matt made this. I haven't been back nor do I intend to. I've deleted all bookmarks to it.

proper order Toby  /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif Nige

Claymalicious.com is run by a delusional man who is playing out his own or others agendas and rarely has the correct take on anything. Everyone says that it was only ever there as his own personal soap box because others would not listen to him. I have no interest in discussing that site and would prefer that my name was not used in connection with that idiot.  For the record I left the CPSA Board because I was libelled and not because I had given up! My position was marginalised and therefore I was no longer able to protect the SE regions position. Any good director would do the same unless they liked wearing the 'title'. I remain on County and Region. I then dealt with the libel and my solicitors later recieved an apology, retraction, plus my full legal costs and damages.I have no intention of discussing this further. The thing that makes Shootclay such a good thing for shooting is the fact that Matt is new to it and as of yet he has not been poisoned by the politics of the sport. I agree with Matt that if the forum puts the main site at risk then he should cancel the forum immediately because at the moment the main site is liked by all for the way it portrays and informs the sport.  

Right. Done. Dusted.Thanks for the input Nicola.Anyone now posting on the 'other site' will be fined 250 RC 3's or Clever Mirage payable to me /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

Err - to me I think /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

Matt, you can manage with Eley Firsts (21grm so as not to hurt your writing shoulder)/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

Ouch - I'm a big boy now, I'm allowed the 28grams /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

Well said Salopian and Nicola. Besides, he is incomprehensible after a few!/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-confused.gif So far, this is a great site and should have more of an international flavour. I will get a few from across the Channel to sign up. Dominic and I lost our fitaschunting site to a hacker. Maybe we can get some of the stuff about fine cigars, scotch and great hunts combined with some great shoots, here. BTW, I love the spell checker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Lone Canadian,Henry/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

I left and will never go back it is funny everything is running nicely here I guess Denise was the main factor in the sites downfall! He clearly loved the argueing and crazy comments this is why he made the site and this is what brought it to its knees! Like I said what comes around goes around in the end! Glen.

couldn't agree with you more Glen,  hope you're gettin that slice sorted out /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif Nige

I used to be a member of the other site, but hardly ever posted as i didn't want to get involved with all the flak that was flying about, i think it must have frightened of a lot of good potential members.This site is far more friendly and welcomes everyone.                  Regards Rod.

Dum dum de dum ...dum de dum dum dum dum dum. Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho.The fat something is singing from what I heard Hee hee hee hee hee hahahahahahaha/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

I used to read the other site never joined as i couldn't believe how much bickering was going on,had a look at it last night before i joined this site and no one had posted on there since 19th sept,don't know Dennis but i wonder if he'll join this to be back with his mates! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-yell.gif

he's already tried but he's not wanted !  he's sailin his own ship by himself now /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif Nige

Back