DT10 or DT11?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dibs

So after some advice! I was about to buy a DT11 this week but just found a lovely 10 which is as new and only done 3000 carts.

I have shot both and struggling to see where my extra 1500 ish will go (11 is 4k and 10 is 2.5k)

So in real world shooting terms as opposed to re marketing (steelium etc etc ) im trying to find a reason not to buy the 10.

Any owners shed some light. this isn't about the money as will buy the 11 without hesitation but as I say struggling to see what I'm paying for??

I haven't shot the 11 so can't comment on the handling but the way I understand from friends who have them is that recoil is reduced due to the over boring and handling is different due to extra weight of wider action. You would have to try both to make your own informed decision.

yep that's the patter about less recoil etc but in real world terms im not noticing it and im suspecting im paying for a blue stripe!

Try one. (I have one for sale)! Gun choice will always be personal as your wishes of weight and handling are your own. The recoil is amazingly low in an 11 though..

Try one. (I have one for sale)! Gun choice will always be personal as your wishes of weight and handling are your own. The recoil is amazingly low in an 11 though..
Blimey Will that was short lived was one moving over to Blazer full time?

Did about 25 reg shoots with it. Scores a bit down and have to tryout another gun to see if that has been the reason! Certainly no instant fix with the Blaser so far.. But at least I have a new thing to focus on. :)

Did about 25 reg shoots with it. Scores a bit down and have to tryout another gun to see if that has been the reason! Certainly no instant fix with the Blaser so far.. But at least I have a new thing to focus on. :)
Guess you never really felt 100% with the Dt11 sadly it leaves you feelng it is hindering your progress once the rot has set in its curtains for the old girl although if they are anything like the Dt10 no two ever shoot the same it seems.

Not much in it, I shoot the 11 and like the extra weight I shoot mostly maintained lead and feel the slower gun helps, the recoil is less than the dt10 cause it weighs more I don't think it's anything got to do with the over bored barrels, if you shoot mostly swing thru id say the dt10 might be the better option, what gun do you shoot at the moment ?

I don't regret changing from Browning and Zoli to the F3. A Beretta of any type wasn't an option due to previous issues.

I changed to cure head lifting and the F3 high rib has cured this instantly and at a price I think worth the expense and within my budget.

It does take some getting used to in the handling department, but then what gun doesn't? Just seem to be over leading everything at close range - in fact it was Will who pointed it out to me a couple of shoots ago at Owls Lodge.

At the end of the day, only you can answer your question by trying both and chose which you feel comfortable with and can live with long term.

Just don't expect instant success without a fair bit of legwork and practice.

Best for luck with the Blaser will, my scores with the 11 are up and down, but it's me not the gun Iv put in some good scores and And that led me to think I'm better than I really am, then when I drop more birds by the 4th stand than I'd expect for the full course I trow in the towel, i need to toughen up big time

shoot CG at the moment but the 10 is the most sorted gun ive ever shot and feels right. reason for the question is I want to buy something to stick with for a few years so not fussed by price. I like the 11 but i can't see it's giving me anything over the 10!

guess I've answered my own question !!!

Best for luck with the Blaser will, my scores with the 11 are up and down, but it's me not the gun Iv put in some good scores and And that led me to think I'm better than I really am, then when I drop more birds by the 4th stand than I'd expect for the full course I trow in the towel, i need to toughen up big time
Yes a change of gun is just a distraction really. Another thing to think about that isn't a broken clay. I was rubbish today, but usually hit the first pair well, so it ain't the gun! Find one that ticks the obvious boxes for you and just keep with it until it is something you don't think about..

Yes a change of gun is just a distraction really. Another thing to think about that isn't a broken clay. ..
I am a bit odd were this is concerned as I think sometimes a quick go with another gun can be A fun and B can confirm that your usual one is the right one.

If I'm honest every 11 I have picked up feels horrible, maybe I've been unlucky but there isn't anyone really shooting one well. All the beretta sporting lads that got one have gone back to their 10s or something different completely.

Maybe a coincidence but I just don't rate them personally

cheers Ed

it sort of confirms what I felt. the 10 feels right the 11 I just don't know what I feel about it so guess ill save £1500 to spend on beer and dancing girls!

As I posted in a separate thread - I tried a DT10 & it just felt so right I bought it ;) Last August after trying out Perazzi & Kreighoff I bought a Blaser F3 as it felt the best but I have never gelled 100% with it, for some reason I didn't consider a Beretta, big mistake I guess - but that's life eh !! I have shouldered a DT11 - my DT10 feels better.

Back