Longridge 20th & 21st March 100 FITASC inc Glos County Champ

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard59

For those not on the Longridge Shooting Ground Facebook list

Friday 20th & Saturday 21st March at Longridge 100 FITASC inc the Gloucestershire County Championship, across 4 "old style" layouts, start times 10.00 & 2.00, format is shoot two layouts, break then shoot remaining two layouts.

Entries which are £50.00 need to be made direct to ground by telephone or text, 07971 447148.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Rich I've booked in four of us for saturday 10am start are you shooting it ? your welcome to join us if the ground allows ? they said saturday was filling fast though ....

Hi Gareth, I'm shooting it Friday, understand there is just two spaces left on the Saturday, the less busy Friday has slots at both start times still available.

Will catch up Saturday no doubt,

giving this a bash tomorrow and looking forward to shooting something different and having a bash...cheers for sorting shortlegs see ya in the morning...anyone eles shooting this tomorrow.?

Shot this today 2pm

Super squad, sun shine, no wind, good company all round, thanks guys.

As for the squad, Steve Lovatt, very impressive with a what will be a tough to beat 89, Me, Kevin Childs, Mike Evans, Ian Stones and his chum who ashamed to say I've forgotten his name.

Tough layout some really BIG targets, well I thought so, my highlight was showing Steve Lovatt how to hit one screaming left to right, mind you he did show me how to hit everything else it's that I'm just not good enough to do it / put into practice, well not yet :)

One again thanks all for a very enjoyable afternoon

I'm refereeing Saturday so may see some of you

it was agreat afternoon richard and im more than happy with my 89 !!!! some very tricky clays on there today layout 3 being bloody technical , great to see ian stone again and a very friendly squad that always helps in this game 

steve

Day two and as per the song "what a difference a day makes, 24 little hours" as in my mind it all looked a bit different today, almost as if yesterday I shot at midi and minis and today they were all dustbin lids!

Jesting apart, reffed today, am squad of Shortlegs, Stew Keen, Lee and Mark Roberts and Peter and Julian Brockley, shoot enjoyed by all, well that's what they said afterwards, it was tough in places although in my rose tinted glasses it was easier than yesterday, the breeze today held a few targets that just ripped away yesterday, but that's what I thought, could of course be wrong.

In the pm 5 man squad of Clynt, Chipper, Lee Newman, Ernie Wilkins ( a Chatcombe Estate, now Coleys top instructor ) and Steve Burnham, big names here and Chipper looking on for HG until dropping 5 targets on both layouts 3 and 4, an area to be now known as Long-heartbreak-ridge

Had two top days with good company and saw both Steve Lovatt and Nick Portlock shoot superbly, now if only I could be as half as good!

Day two and as per the song "what a difference a day makes, 24 little hours" as in my mind it all looked a bit different today, almost as if yesterday I shot at midi and minis and today they were all dustbin lids!

Jesting apart, reffed today, am squad of Shortlegs, Stew Keen, Lee and Mark Roberts and Peter and Julian Brockley, shoot enjoyed by all, well that's what they said afterwards, it was tough in places although in my rose tinted glasses it was easier than yesterday, the breeze today held a few targets that just ripped away yesterday, but that's what I thought, could of course be wrong.

In the pm 5 man squad of Clynt, Chipper, Lee Newman, Ernie Wilkins ( a Chatcombe Estate, now Coleys top instructor ) and Steve Burnham, big names here and Chipper looking on for HG until dropping 5 targets on both layouts 3 and 4, an area to be now known as Long-heartbreak-ridge

Had two top days with good company and saw both Steve Lovatt and Nick Portlock shoot superbly, now if only I could be as half as good!

many thanks for keeping us in line today today richard, really enjoyed shooting fitasc and will be back for more..some great targets today and I would like to thank longridge team and steve for a great day...very happy with my score of 70 today...and the good company and friendly squad made the day..

many thanks

mark

many thanks for keeping us in line today today richard, really enjoyed shooting fitasc and will be back for more..some great targets today and I would like to thank longridge team and steve for a great day...very happy with my score of 70 today...and the good company and friendly squad made the day..

many thanks

mark
Many thanks Rich for doing a sterling job reffing our squad which were great company to make it a great day out,really enjoyed shooting a good variety of fitasc targets and like Mark said will be back for more. Many thanks to Steve and his team as the day ran very smoothly an hope he will be putting more shoots on like this. Layout 3 was not a good place to start really hurt my score :banghead:   but didn't let it spoil the day and finished on 60 which was ok after a bad start.

Good to shoot with you Mark, Stew and Lee look forward to shooting with you again soon :eek:k:

Thanks

Gareth

Back