Moulded Ear Plugs

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimbob 2705

Hi All

Looking at getting myself a set of moulded ear plugs - just deciding which to go for.

Could someone explain the difference between ones which use 'Hock Filters' and 'Sonic Valves'?

Also how they would compare the the Cens Proflex 'Passive' ?

Many Thanks

James

SoR (of this parish) is the man to speak to here...

I'd highly recommend the Cens Proflex, but the most important thing is to get good quality moulds done. 

hi james,

firstly what type of shooting do you do? sporting, trap, practical, stalking , game,vermin control theese would have a bearing on the product you need,

for now i'll presume you want to do sporting with a shotgun,

hocks filters are the latest technology in valve type and available through us at proshock available in a miraid of different colour combo's and designs  

sonic valves are 1970's technology and have a little silver can in which your relying on a tube collapsing under air pressure to block harmful levels of sound. theese are what you see in shooters aids etc and some other brands of custom ear protection.(personally dont sell theese anymore but will supply if pushed)

cens proflex are cens moulded ear defenders without the elctronics, instead they fit a moulded removable passive valve such as a hocks this then will be able to be removed  and replaced with the electronics which may be purchased later on, ideal if you plan to shoot game where you may be looking to enhance your hearing senses or out of season and want to use your cens electronics for clays but dont want to use the electronic part.

check out the website and pm me for more info if needed www.proshock.co.uk

rgds steve o

(why do i keep spelling theese wrong .....doughnut!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Perfect, Thanks both!

Steve, thanks for that information - very useful!

They'd be used mainly for Sporting shooting, although possibly the odd bit of trap and DTL, and the odd bit of hunting.

So it looks like Hocks are the better option over the sonic valves? 

I'd be interested to know which you would recommend out of the Cens Proflex and the Hock Filters? Put it this way, I seriously doubt I'll want/need them to be electrical.

I'll pop you a PM now regarding getting some fitted, as I'm a fair distance from you unfortunately!

Many Thanks,

James

hi james ill pm some finer details but personally i have all options electronic and passive but only use my hocks, i can sometimes get to johnathons ground at mid wales trefeglwys nr newtown i could maybe get to haimwood aswell i like that ground!

Last edited by a moderator:
hi james ill pm some finer details but personally i have all options electronic and passive but only use my hocks, i can sometimes get to johnathons ground at mid wales trefeglwys nr newtown i could maybe get to haimwood aswell i like that ground!
Perfect, looks like I'll be getting a set of Hocks!

Just need to get some moulds taken now

Do you have any examples of the different colours available?

Many Thanks

James

really effective is the red white and blue marble effect or my mate kieran has gold white and emerald (Ireland of course) some prefer translucent (like me ).

some ladies like sparkly silver glitter in translucent pink (becky mckenzie) you pick a winner the colours are your choice. i'm currently working on a set that is made for a specifi'K' brand of gun which will be clear with a gold logo of the gun brand in, these will be made to order for a select few......

Been using peltor electronic for ages, just got a pair of cens passive and love them, a lot easier to change glasses and very comfy

No problem Steve, although I don't make a habit of going into strangers hotel rooms to get strange substances inserted into my orifices all the time..... :crazy:

haha glad to hear it bud...........................................i often stick strange substances into strangers orifices...............game fairs ,shooting grounds shops everywhere..........

Latest posts

Back