692 and GMK

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris_S

My 692 which is less than a year old went back to GMK as the barrels didn't align properly and the forend latch was faulty. After wasting time and money shooting/investigating/patterning I spoke to GMK who said they would put it right quickly and also add some extra cast which was needed free of charge to make amends. This was nice to hear.

Later, they then said that if it was faulty they may need to send the gun back to Italy which was concerning... and that only some people get cast added for free

Now, they have said that they will replace the gun with one that isn't faulty (hopefully) but that I need to pay for the free good will gesture...

Am I right in thinking they should do the good will gesture for free as I've been without my (relatively expensive) gun for a while and they initially said it would be free?

I also saw a CG gun in a shop yesterday which looks like a much more solid gun and its half the price so I am thinking of ditching Beretta, does anyone know what the CG service is like?

Have you got any of this in writing?

If so, good will gesture should be free or its not a good will gesture.

Are you getting a full refund on the Berreta to pay for the CG?

The cast on the replacement gun could be different or your old gun could have been made wrong.

So may be wait and see.

Last edited by a moderator:
"...........does anyone know what the CG service is like?"

Yes, I do.

Read this:

'&do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

my 692 went back to gmk 3 times (top lever x2 , faulty ejector x1)

got fed up and swapped for a mk38 and never looked back

the shop took my 692, altered the cast on the mk38 and still gave me 300 quid back aswell

so now very happy and scores going up

my mates want me to get the beretta back because i keep beating them

haha not a chance

Hmmmm

That's slightly concerning as i've bought one last week :( after my friend gave me a raving review over his.

On a footnote i've had a 682 Gold E which has been hammered/mistreated and its never missed a beat.

Hope i don't regret the purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:
Little fellas had one for 1 1/2 yrs, approx. 10 k carts through it. Not a glitch and he can use it also :nyam:

My 692 was quickly replaced with a mk38 after the ejectors started playing up, I lost all confidence in the gun.

Tell em to stop taking the pee and do what they promised you. Tell Them Many People including me have told you how good Beretta are and what good service gmk offer and you are highly disappointed thus far. I have had at least fifteen Beretta so am able to play the long loyal customer card however if you want long standing loyal customers you have to play the game. GMK if your reading this pull your socks up as your making me and others who ring the praises of Beretta look bad.

Tell em to stop taking the pee and do what they promised you. Tell Them Many People including me have told you how good Beretta are and what good service gmk offer and you are highly disappointed thus far. I have had at least fifteen Beretta so am able to play the long loyal customer card however if you want long standing loyal customers you have to play the game. GMK if your reading this pull your socks up as your making me and others who ring the praises of Beretta look bad.

HA!  That's the chance you take backing Beretta

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

chris

take the new gun . forget about the stock alteration , how would they have done this without seeing you and the gun together? guess work??. if you are not happy with the beretta then get rid and get what you want. you will take a bit of a hit on the b gun , but then you would if you part exed it for summat else anyway. good luck.

jasper

Social media use it to your advantage! Beretta found easily on twitter!!

Thanks for the advice, the dilema is that I had a 682 Gold E which was great, the 692 was slightly better so I wanted one, I should have kept the 682 which was reliable.

As the 692 (after being replaced by GMK) is technically 'new' I should be able to sell it for a decent amount. If I keep it I will probably have to deal with GMK again which is what really killed that 'new gun' excitement.

I went to the trouble of having a 'fitting' after they said they would add some cast FOC which is why I am dissapointed they changed their mind. I think I'd rather buy a different gun and pay someone else to make the changes, the CG Summit seems equivalent to the 692 costs much less with good backup too...

Browning 725 worth a look also??? Get one with adjustable stock for 2k.

Japanese quality control is legendary. Not to say their perfect but I also like the 692 and have looked at a trap gun and nearly committed. Fortunately looked at the jointing and wasn't impressed so gave it a miss. probably couldn't be considered a fault but it didn't look right and not as neat as the sporter they had in.

The 682 I'm using at the moment for trap is 1/2 mm out of line on the rib against the action but is properly jointed and is how it came from the factory. 1/2mm Makes absolutely no difference to a shotguns accuracy and I seem to shoot it well enough and it my favoured gun of the minute.

Just isn't pleasing to see.

As I didn't pay a fortune for it and it wasn't new I'm happy enough. It has made me check even more rigorously though before making my mind up.

not a fan myself, woulden`t want a Ferrari or lambo either,,,,but this is how they slap a berretta together,,,

Latest posts

Back