WORLD FITASC'15

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madds

Hi just interestedd that there are not many of you (British) entered for the World FITASC only 10, yet there are 17 Kiwi's going.

Is there no interest, can't be bothered, or waiting for team selections?

Just interested why the 'Home of Sporting' has not overwelmed the entry list.

I would say it's still very early, entries have only just opened, although cost will put a lot of UK based shooters off.

The venue isn't that exciting a prospect for a big trip abroad, unlike Florida etc...

Madds, Its like I said before (end of 2014)   You could get a B/A flight and a 4 star hotel for 7 days in Budapest for the European

for £370.00 before Christmas. Targets set by Graham Brown (Purbeck) not that other G Brown idiot that screwed up your E Sporting

World C/ship!  Food and drink very cheap, plenty of historic places to see .

Can't get a flight with the guns to USA under £500.00 its a NO contest.

most locals I`ve met don`t know what `FITASC` is !!    they know ESP and that's it, brekky first, out to shoot 70clays (14 different ones, ) a cuppa and go home. they probably represent about  85% of clay shooters,,

why go around the world ?

tin hat ready,, :blind:

most locals I`ve met don`t know what `FITASC` is !!    they know ESP and that's it, brekky first, out to shoot 70clays (14 different ones, ) a cuppa and go home. they probably represent about  85% of clay shooters,,

why go around the world ?

tin hat ready,, :blind:
Well, yes, half a million shotgun certificate holders in the UK? 26,000 CPSA members, most just doing friendly small shoots I assume. Fewer than 5000 regular registered sporting competition shooters, probably only 2000 who shoot more than 20 comps per year. But as you get to the tip of the iceberg you find the more serious and higher quality shooters who value serious competition enough to travel.

So, as you suggest, this won't appeal to the 70 bird and cuppa brigade..

mores the pity,, I think!, that so few shoot fitasc,, 

but also pleased to see that (clay) shooting is so well supported in the uk.

All interesting indeed. I understand, we have plenty of tea and biscuit shooters here, a few clays and a couple (??) of beers afterwards and they are more than happy.

All of the comments makes sense it's just a shame that it isn't well supported by the general UK shooters.

Still very pleased to see the likes G.D. going, he's been down to our shoots a few times in NZ and was great, in fact the very best of company and free with his experiences and coaching.

I suppose I'm of the view that it's a World Championship within reach being a good distance for us to attend where Europe isn't and would be expensive for us.

:fie:  According to Booking.com, Budapest and surrounding districts are 90% full for the week 1st-8th June? just saying. 

Thats one (probably the only) thing I am extremely jealous of, all those great shoots at top level in close foriegn shores.

Such different cultures so close, and we have Aussie!!! Not that they are that bad really, salts of the earth most of them.

Their convict past has hindered some of them I must say tho. Do love shooting there I must say!!

I don't think it's a very alluring destination.

Even taking the cost out of the equation.

As Guru says Budapest has cracking history and other things to see.

Fewer than 5000 regular registered sporting competition shooters, probably only 2000 who shoot more than 20 comps per year. But as you get to the tip of the iceberg you find the more serious and higher quality shooters who value serious competition enough to travel.

So, as you suggest, this won't appeal to the 70 bird and cuppa brigade..
Wow - curiosity got the better of me when i read that (because i disbelieved you and thought the numbers would be higher). So i checked the CPSA rankings for English Sporting

Shooters who shot ANY registered sporting (Issue 47) = 5171

Shooters who shot more than 2000 registered targets (Issue 47) = 725

Then i narrowed the search to FITASC sporting only.....

Shooters who shot ANY registered FITASC sporting (Issue 47) = 1183

Shooters who shot more than 2000 registered FITASC sporting (Issue 47) = 27

Last edited by a moderator:
20 registered FSP shoots in a year still takes some effort -  as Will points out, it is often the best part of a full day (plus travel), FSP shoots are fewer and further between and more expensive than regular sporting. 

20 full days in a year, takes some commitment. 

ESP is probably easier to get to that number as people can shoot 2 or even 3 shoots a day. 

Sorry for my guess being too rough on the 2000 for 20 events.. :) 725 eh? No wonder we see the same faces everywhere!

5 years ago or so you could shoot every Sunday a 100 registered Fitasc event in the S/West!  Wylye,S. Counties,        Podimore and Newnham Park,   so ineffect were you a "serious" fitasc shooter you could in theory shoot 5000 reg fitasc targets a year?      Sadly its pretty well fook all at this time. :fie:

Latest posts

Back