Dubai shooting help

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robonthemoor

Can anyone advise me on getting over to Dubai please, £ 900 for flights?? For myself & wife, Is this what you are paying? I have found the same for £600 but as soon as I mention gun no one wants to know!! Can you direct me to a web site for help? Any advice wood be great, been at this for weeks and getting nowhere.

Emirates were about £375/head when we booked a couple months back. I expect they have gone up a bit in mean time so £900 for two seems about right.

'&do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

And Tinkerbell is the Queen of Travel Info....regarding guns, who to see, what should happen, what to say, where to say it and how to throw a few fcuks at them if they get it wrong.

She has written about this,. probably in that thread or in Essivere Stocks thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Virgin were £375 and will carry guns, cost will vary depending on what day you fly out

Emirates £389 when i booked, they are about £420 now, have a look on their website, looks like they have a deal if you book before the 14th Jan.

Be careful with the cheaper flights, they may not be direct :fie:

Do Emirates charge for transporting shotguns? Can't see anything on their website other than it says guns are part of luggage allocation?

Trying to book flights on line but do I need to tell them I am carrying 2 guns before booking?

Sorry for the numpty questions but got them hanging on the other page

DT

Last edited by a moderator:
Do Emirates charge for transporting shotguns? Can't see anything on their website other than it says guns are part of luggage allocation?

Trying to book flights on line but do I need to tell them I am carrying 2 guns before booking?

Sorry for the numpty questions but got them hanging on the other page

DT
Sorry only just seen this. No extra charge for guns.

Yes you need to make them aware but other shooters on our flight didn't last year.

Emirates don't charge for guns, just give them a call 3 days before u fly,

Think we paid £350 for ours

Thanks for the replies chaps. The price has certainly gone up since you lot booked. Nearer £450 now!

DT

:fie:  Just a note for Welsh shooters in the small print on the shoot programme.

Will Welsh shooters please note "Wellies" are banned and the reasons are as follows,

1. Camels feet will not fit in "wellies "as well as your own?

2. If they did you would not be able to reach anyhow! :crazy:   :haha:   

Blimey just booked four flights £2K !! This is going to be an expensive week having turned in to a family holiday !!

DT

Nah! Dog Tyred,  Its a bargain!  £375 entry fee + £500.00 flight + £3-£4oo  Hotel room + plus airport charges U.K. + food and drink etc., to shoot silly doubles and to have sand kicked in your face? :crazy:  

:fie:  Just a note for Welsh shooters in the small print on the shoot programme.

Will Welsh shooters please note "Wellies" are banned and the reasons are as follows,

1. Camels feet will not fit in "wellies "as well as your own?

2. If they did you would not be able to reach anyhow! :crazy:   :haha:   
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the hair on your arse and your arms be to short to scratch the itch  :crazy:

Right a few numpty questions to those that went last year and are going again this year.

As its being shot in pairs is that being shot as a single 50 target round each day? If so I guess that will not take long so does that mean hanging around at the shoot all day on the off chance I win a car in the prize draw?

My lad and I are shooting so is it best to ask the organisers if we can be squadded together?

Guns are taken straight to the ground but we will be transporting two guns in one case. Will this be a problem when it comes to retrieving guns if we are not squadded together?

I take it guns will be shipped back to the airport on the Saturday evening as we fly out first thing Sunday?

What is the form for the practice day? Just turn up and shoot as many as practice targets as possible or will practice be squadded?

Are guests welcome at the Monday night event as I will have Mrs and Miss DT in tow?

We will probably be staying at the Marina for the beach (Mrs and Miss DT) so I guess its taxi's to the ground. I know free transport is being laid on from the recommended hotels so is better to head to one of those and pick up a bus from there?

I take it a full itinerary will be issued/posted on the website prior to departure?

Sorry for all the questions.

DT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back