"Chokes" question ....

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StuGG

post-2012-141857895136.jpg

So I bought the above chokes today for my beretta silver pigeon sporter with optima barrels.

The above chokes fit in to my shotgun threads and screw in no problem. The only thing is they appear to be aftermarket choke tubes and have no markings on them. Now, the guy in the shop I bought them from assured me that they where correct for my gun.

So I guess my question is .... Is there anyway I can be sure before I fire the gun that they are defo going to be ok ?
As I said they feel ok when screwed in to my barrels the only thing is when I'm they are screwing in there is a little more play in ther threads than my other choke tubes which are actual beretta ones. But when the are seated and tight the feel ok??

Here are my other chokes

post-2012-14185804193.jpg

If anyone can be of assistance if appreciate it :)

Cheers guys

Stu

Sent from my iPhone using fums

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418578950.590929.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418578950.590929.jpg
    296.1 KB · Views: 0
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418580418.404085.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418580418.404085.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 0
I wouldn't shoot them if you're unsure, until you've had them checked by a smith.

You need to make sure there is no "lip" inside the end of the barrels where the choke meets the barrel wall.

PS.

3, maybe 4.... ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lay them side by side, if they're the same length and threads look identical then shoot them.

I wouldn't shoot them if you're unsure, until you've had them checked by a smith.

You need to make sure there is no "lip" inside the end of the barrels where the choke meets the barrel wall.

PS.

3, maybe 4.... ;-)
Take notice of the above if you value your barrels.

They do look identical...although I'm no engineer I just fix lorries. .

They do look identical...although I'm no engineer I just fix lorries. . Sent from my iPhone using fums

Give them a good clean.  Should be some marks somewhere...  This one / / is Optima

Best-Turkey-Chokes.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They do look identical...although I'm no engineer I just fix lorries. . Sent from my iPhone using fums

Give them a good clean.  Should be some marks somewhere...  This one / / is Optima

Had a good look, any markings are long gone someone has marked the sizes on them with an engraving tool but no make or model. They look identical to choke six on the image you posted the one on the far right.

Arrrgh ! To shoot or not to shoot ?!

measure and use the guide here >>>>>>   '&do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Lend them to a "friend" who has the same type of gun as you. If they blow out of his barrels on firing, don't use them in yours (assuming you find them again!)

Simple!!  :sarcastic:

OR, get the whole thing checked out by someone who knows (maybe this is the best course of action??).  :biggrin:

Just put them in and see how they look. I suspect they will be absolutely fine. Have you compared them, orifice wise, to your manufacturer's chokes?

Back