Countryman of Derby

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iggy

As some of you might have seen in my earlier thread, I'd been having issues with my new A400 Xcel.

Anyhow, I took it back to the supplying dealer at the end of September for them to return the gun to GMK for them to take a look and hopefully fix the problem.

Imagine my surprise when had a call from Martyn at Countryman this week saying GMK had inspected the gun and given all the issues I'd had have sent a brand new replacement. I've just picked the gun up and looking forward to giving it a run out tomorrow.

Top marks to Countryman and GMK.....customer service isn't dead after all!

Good news Iggy.

I've always bought my Aigle boots from The Countryman online for years. Always good service and always good communication from Martyn. Much better than shopping locally in my experience.

Good luck with your new gun.

Thanks for the good wishes guys, much appreciated.

I must admit I do seem to be drawn back to Countryman, I've bought a few guns from them over the last few years and their stock is always in good nick, new prices are good and trade in valuations are decent too.

Not just that though, they actually make you feel like your custom is important to them and they value your business.....I've grown weary of walking into gunshops where I've previously spent £000's only to be largely ignored by the owners.

Yes....and yes, I've had to buy some new sunglasses to compensate......
Oh bugger......my hubby just snook one of these in when I was not looking....are they not much good?? I hate autos.....it could be a short visit..!!

Fire him off tinker how dare he put one in your gun room ;)

Oh bugger......my hubby just snook one of these in when I was not looking....are they not much good?? I hate autos.....it could be a short visit..!!
No they're ok. I was very happy with mine, and shot well with it....I just seem to have a bought a 'Friday' gun and it had a few problems.

I reckon it's a lot of gun for the money, if he's shooting sporting tell him to bung the quarter choke in and forget get on with it.

Ive had mine for a year now. All weather all carts. Run it in with some heavy loads. Never missed a beat

last weekend had to empty it out of water it was raining so hard. Didn't seem to affect it.  :girlcrazy:

Ive had mine for a year now. All weather all carts. Run it in with some heavy loads. Never missed a beat

last weekend had to empty it out of water it was raining so hard. Didn't seem to affect it.  :girlcrazy:
As a water butt it may make some sense, it's about all it's good for for!!!!  :laugh:

Hey I am about to frighten the s**t out of all you Trappies. On the shelf at local gun shop is a classic Remmie 1100 Trap with a 30" barrel and a superb Monte Carlo stock, an absolutely lovely gun except for the £1000 plus price tag. There is also an original model which looks very similar at £399. Won more comps with one of these back in the 70's and nobody seemed to mind the ejected shell cases. Then again there was no 'baulk' called if a cow farted 2 fields away either.

Another vote for Countryman here. But to be fair, for most purchases I only ask that they supply what they said they were going too, at the price agreed and at the time stated. 

Latest posts

Back