Sporting Home Inters Prelim at MilHill

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nigel

Congrats to MillHill CPC today on a great but tough Prelim shoot, I shot it today with my mates and a couple of very nice England team members, it was the toughest shoot i've shot in years if not ever for me certainly 20% more difficult than last years Worlds at Lakenheath, I shot my lowest score ever -- an embarrassing 45 YES 45 :D there were only 4 scores in the 80's I know about but there may have been a few more in after we left for home, Martin Myres shot a superb 88 then Ed with 84 an 83 and Kevin Howland had an 80 shooting with us and considering he followed me today that was some achievement :p Kevin said "it was the most difficult shoot he'd shot in a long time" but as tough as it was it was there to test the best shots of the Home Countries so that was the right place and time to have it today, I would have needed to been 7/8 yards closer on most stands to shoot my usual score, I shot this ground a month ago in a registered shoot and I'd a 72 with 87 being high gun so today I was 27 targets down, As tough as it was most everyone thought it was a great shoot and they were right but right out of my league - Again the scores above are only the ones I heard of !Nige
yqa30-DSCF0801.JPG

Cor it must have been tricky. Talking of which........where exactly is your hand Nige :D Good picture joking apart :p (I have one of those vests :D mine has a FITASC line on it though :D )

Kevin is going to get a lot of flack when he gets back here, does he expect to grow into that vest or something? :p :D Must have been hard if he said anything about the targets :D . Personally I think the good guys ought to be able to get into the 90`s otherwise you risk the lesser shooter not being able to either enjoy or learn much.Nice pic by the way. :D

Nic I can assure you my hand was in a very admirable place plus Laura's dad Les was only a few feet away and have you seen the the size of the man - he makes me look small
loudlaff.gif
, the shoot was simply more difficult the tricky,even Ed told me last night he thought it was tough .Kevin shot brilliantly for sure Hammy although he did stumble on stand 4 were he'd 3/8 - I hope he doesn't mind me sayin that, I did look at his vest and think to myself he's brought the big one so he can wear a water proof under it
gigglesmile.gif
he was a real gentleman and his wife was a really nice lady too, I leant her my seat as it would have been a long old stand without it, I agree about the stiffness of the shoot there were 2 of us in B class & 2 in A and we were simply just stumped - we'd no idea of the lead needed with extra distance and speed of most targets, I'd say the average distance of the targets was 40 yrds + out to 70-75 yards on stand 4 & 11, the only thing I took home from that shoot was a hidin
2mo5pow.gif
Nige

I think Laura shot a 55 and Les was similar give or take a bird, to be honest it was so tough Laura's head went down with about 40 to shoot, I've shot ok recently in and around the low to mid 70's and I was about 30 birds down but I've personal probs at home that aren't helpin. Les was a great laugh - If you know him ask him about the lies he tell's wife about what 9" looks like - he'll know what you mean
funny.gif
Nige

Latest posts

Back