pet hate .

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doctor Lecter

I have a pet hate ,  why do some shooters feel the need to cover their skeet vests in cloth badges , and leave squad numbers or the pins from previous shoots on their vests , it suggests to me  (oh look at me I am so special , nine times out of ten their shooting ability is average , I fully understand sponsorship advertisement  is totally different , mini rant over , more wine required ! :hunter:

I hate seeing the safety officer badges.... :wink: or coach badges

Back numbers are slightly different things....most people forget they have them pinned on. :wink:

Last edited:
Ejecting used cartridge cases for someone else to pick up, or turning their gun upside down to drop the used cases in the bucket. How tricky is it to catch then when opening the gun!

Oh I can feel a ....jeans, maroon and auto hate coming soon :laugh:

Ejecting used cartridge cases for someone else to pick up, or turning their gun upside down to drop the used cases in the bucket. How tricky is it to catch then when opening the gun!
Best (worst) I ever saw was a lady shooter who caught the cases as she opened the gun. Then tossed them over her shoulder. Wtf?

At the same venue, but years later, I got into a ruck with a bloke who told me not to follow the targets with my finger while his wife was shooting (in the cage in front of me). He seemed to think that her rear facing eyes would pick this up. Hilarious when she finished shooting, turned round, bemused at the ruck and asked hubby why he was arguing with me. Twonk.

or turning their gun upside down to drop the used cases in the bucket. How tricky is it to catch then when opening the gun!
That's normally novices who haven't been shown properly... Jeans I have no issue with but head to toe camo I do (usually accompanied with a semi often a black and silver or black and red one!)

Beards.

WTF is going on with all these big bushy beards??

Good looking blokes now look like they are members of ISIS....get a razor chaps....come back to the good looking world.

Hang on.....depends on the badge :wink:

If it is England, Scotland, Wales, N Ireland or GBR....then it is hard won....so respect...!

Nothing at all wrong with being proud to wear your countries badge....no matter how many years ago you made the team. They wear it with honour......true story...!

.....just saying...!

If it is coaching then..................

:wink:

Good coaches don't normally need to advertise their skills.

Last edited:
Jeans, badges on vest, advertising, old safety pins, turn the gun upside down, get one in the bin and one on the ground. I must remember all of this. If it rattles the opposition this much it's worth using every tool in the box!

Jeans, badges on vest, advertising, old safety pins, turn the gun upside down, get one in the bin and one on the ground. I must remember all of this. If it rattles the opposition this much it's worth using every tool in the box!
Don't worry about all that.....if you are trying to rattle any opposition then you are not focused on your own clays....and will always be susceptible to people playing gamesmanship (which you do not want to get into as it shows the worst kind of shooter that you can be).

Build a score....never defend one....! There is only you against your clay if you want to win :wink:

P.s. I know you were joking....so this post is for any newbies watching ....who may not know.

Best (worst) I ever saw was a lady shooter who caught the cases as she opened the gun. Then tossed them over her shoulder. Wtf?

At the same venue, but years later, I got into a ruck with a bloke who told me not to follow the targets with my finger while his wife was shooting (in the cage in front of me). He seemed to think that her rear facing eyes would pick this up. Hilarious when she finished shooting, turned round, bemused at the ruck and asked hubby why he was arguing with me. Twonk.
I think he only got upset when you followed the low going away target.

Oh dear. As an auto shooter who can only pick up a few of my empties (most fall in the 'out of bounds' area) at least I can honestly say that I don't wear badges or pins or camouflage or jeans (phew). But my jacket, my gilet, my fleec - they're sort of greeny-grey colour. Does this approximation to the hue of the wild mean I lose points? Does it have to be 'sharp urban' or 'smart casual'?

I promise to make sure I shave extra close before shooting; indeed my wife insists I pay close attention to eyebrow trim (!). And I won't point at targets with my finger.

I will, however, continue to giggle at people balancing several thousand pounds worth of gun on their shoulder while walking along a stony path. Hey! look at me! No hands! Aren't I cool! Oh sh*t!

Seriously, all this stuff about ejecting cartridges into your hand. Isn't it time clay shooters started insisting on non-ejectors? More reliable, less effort expended, cheaper, and doesn't throw cartridge cases around?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh dear. As an auto shooter who can only pick up a few of my empties (most fall in the 'out of bounds' area) at least I can honestly say that I don't wear badges or pins or camouflage or jeans (phew). But my jacket, my gilet, my fleec - they're sort of greeny-grey colour. Does this approximation to the hue of the wild mean I lose points? Does it have to be 'sharp urban' or 'smart casual'?

I promise to make sure I shave extra close before shooting; indeed my wife insists I pay close attention to eyebrow trim (!). And I won't point at targets with my finger.

I will, however, continue to giggle at people balancing several thousand pounds worth of gun on their shoulder while walking along a stony path. Hey! look at me! No hands! Aren't I cool! Oh sh*t!

Seriously, all this stuff about ejecting cartridges into your hand. Isn't it time clay shooters started insisting on non-ejectors? More reliable, less effort expended, cheaper, and doesn't throw cartridge cases around?
Laugh out loud.

Hang on.....depends on the badge :wink:

If it is England, Scotland, Wales, N Ireland or GBR....then it is hard won....so respect...!

Nothing at all wrong with being proud to wear your countries badge....no matter how many years ago you made the team. They wear it with honour......true story...!

.....just saying...!
What about "county or regional team badges" and also "100 straight badges" are they a "faux pas"

just asking :)

What about "county or regional team badges" and also "100 straight badges" are they a "faux pas"just asking :)
Never said that....you naughty boy....100 straight badge....well earned always....fact.

But the others.......not the same thing really.....but you still get great pleasure from those as well....when.....and I say when.....they are worth winning.

If we are all being actually honest....a lot of county titles are not worth the badge because they often have very few people in them....especially nowadays in some of the categories .

Shooters should keep a reality check attached to some of the things they 'win'.

I grade mine....just saying....because I am honest....

You all can do what you want with yours.....but reality check is good :laugh: in all shooting be it registered, county, regional.

I will now get my tin hat, get my coat, and run for the bunkers......true story.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back