New era?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Hewland

Perazzi will be off the road before long for some work and after 7 years you get curious. Bit impulsive, but bought this today. Never even fired one! As new (paid a lot less than new). Set the comb and pad up. Feels great pointing at birds in the garden but I have enough sense not to take it to Weston tomorrow. If cheeky practice goes well it could be out at OLSS on Thursday. That's if I have enough strength to hold it up.. It's 9.5 lbs!

post-76-0-36015400-1413646615.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 0
I love mine , took me a little while to get used extra weight ! But now I can do 300/400 in a day practising , shoulders fine . Very low recoil !

I have bodged a spare ISIS pad on the back to get LOP right. So low recoil feel hopefully. Be great to not have to fit full ISIS system. Feels good without firing it!

9.5lbs Will, sounds like a girls gun, you best get down the gym!
I know! Couldn't believe it was feeling heavy while I was balancing it. Stuck it on kitchen scales (which to my wife's delight are always getting guns on them) and I've never seen the needle go round for another lap!

I shoulder 1 at Bywell today - not for me ! But then my Blaser F3 probably wouldn't be for you ;)

The early ones had low comb and large palm swell, which was not universally loved. The latest are higher comb, small Palm swell. This is an earlier one, with adjustable comb, so I get the big palm I like and set the comb. They are a bit nose heavy and I expect to maybe add some weight in the stock, but since fitting a longer pad it feels pretty even.

Good on you, I've been very happy with my 692 and my scores have reflected how settled I've become with it. I still have the odd 'blip' but the trend is in the right direction.

I did look at a DT11 but funds couldn't quite stretch at the time.

I was talking to a local AA shot a few weeks ago, also a long term Perazzi shooter who's also considering making the move but to a 692 in his case.

Last edited by a moderator:
The early ones had low comb and large palm swell, which was not universally loved. The latest are higher comb, small Palm swell. This is an earlier one, with adjustable comb, so I get the big palm I like and set the comb. They are a bit nose heavy and I expect to maybe add some weight in the stock, but since fitting a longer pad it feels pretty even.
Sounds silly mate but try flush chokes if you haven't and you will probably be surprised as i thought it changed the balance on mine a bit.. What's up with the perazzi?

Hi Will

What's up with Petulant Perrazi?

Where did you get the DT 11?

Brave buy with all the adverse reviews recently!

I would have understood a lightly used DT 10 but come on - tell all?

Sounds silly mate but try flush chokes if you haven't and you will probably be surprised as i thought it changed the balance on mine a bit.. What's up with the perazzi?
Pop a couple of Mullers in it and it will fetch the balance back a little, my mate did this with his 32" DT11 and it made quite a difference for him, think the mullers were 15grm lighter each, so not a lot but it all adds up.

Welcome to the dark side, as one that has had only Berettas since 1987 I must point out for the reliability query that the only fault with any of them has been the dope pulling the trigger

Perazzi will be off the road before long for some work and after 7 years you get curious. Bit impulsive, but bought this today. Never even fired one! As new (paid a lot less than new). Set the comb and pad up. Feels great pointing at birds in the garden but I have enough sense not to take it to Weston tomorrow. If cheeky practice goes well it could be out at OLSS on Thursday. That's if I have enough strength to hold it up.. It's 9.5 lbs!
Surprised it weights 9.5 lbs (is the kitchen scale accurate ?) but providing you can move it around it shouldn't matter. Some dislike the blue lines but the ones I have seen up close were simply superbly made and shot beautifully. I'd be surprised if you don't get good scores with it.

Plus 1

Beretta since 94 very happy no real issues other than ejector timing on a few.

Latest posts

Back