Nad Al Sheba 2015

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdLyons

So, the dates are apparently the 22nd to the 28th of February with a $500 entry fee, which is NON- REFUNDABLE this year.

There will be a high gun on the day prize of $15000 and overall payouts down to 75 places plus all the usual Ipads, Iphones and truck giveaways.

It will be another incredible event, as long as we're not all struck down with Ebola!

Ha! I guessed the refundable entry wouldn't last!

That should dissuade a few of the club level shooters.

DT

$500 is a fairly similar amount to what you pay to enter the world/euro FITASC - I'd imagine that many who enjoyed it last year will go this year.

How can any serious shooter moan about that.

#wishiwasgoodatsporting

so do I, tinker ! I wish I was good at sporting, too.

£350 entry, £778 for two return flights. Stay with my brother. Good holiday as long as I can keep SWMBO out of the Mall of the Emirates and the credit card out of her purse.

I predicted it wouldn't be free entry this year and why should it ?  :huh:  Those lucky enough to have the spare time and funds will have an unbelievable time and shoot in the presence of the best in the world of shooting and regardless of whether you shoot well enough to win any cash you'll still get the chance of plenty of freebie raffles to make it exciting. 

i cant really see how anyone could say it was free this year , cost me a small fortune as a holiday we hadnt planned on having !!!!!!

the shoot set up was something you will never see again until he does it again , but it will be really interesting to see how many people outside of AAA and AA go this next time or maybe he dosent want them there anyway 

shame for us it didnt fall on school half term 

very patronising  dog tyred !
Not patronising at all. Human nature and not aimed specifically at UK based shooters. Last year everyone turned up and shot for zip. Ask someone to pay to finish in 426th place and they may reconsider entering. Yes I know it wasn't free last year when taking into account flights, accommodation (unless your brother lives there!), etc but how many would not have gone if they had not had the entry fee refunded?

Don't get me wrong I think it is a fantastic event I was even thinking of entering me and my lad (and we don't even shoot sporting!) just for the experience but now it's going to be another £700 for the two of us I might have to re-think.

I suspect that the organisers would like to fill the event with top quality, 'premiership' competitors from around the globe but 'championship' or maybe even 'league 1' shooters will be OK to make up the numbers.

We shall have to wait and see.

DT

Good on yer Will, you will have a ball. See from your picture you are still shooting from your shower !

Outside School Hols, excellent, cheaper for the rest of us!

Club level, hell why not! :) I'm barely scraping 50% at the moment, 25% in Dubai and I'd be happy!

As has been said here many a time, it's about the taking part, the competition against yourself and the experience and fun. It's not all about the prizes and the money!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not sure what a club level shooter is but I am going regardless of the category I fall in.

Extending my stay either side of the competition to enjoy some down time.

I imagine the targets to be as looney as the last time but I learnt alot from 2014.

Looking forward to my visit with Lord and Liany.

One oddness that has emerged is Ladies are so far only being shown to shoot three days and 150 targets.

Hoping this is a typo or mistake.

Can't see the ladies I know being to chuffed with that.

One oddness that has emerged is Ladies are so far only being shown to shoot three days and 150 targets.

Hoping this is a typo or mistake.

Can't see the ladies I know being to chuffed with that.
For a severely reduced entry fee? Extra help holding the big heavy gun up?

Back