Bulk Buying cartridges

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Papa

I normally buy about 3k at a time , is there any 'mileage' buying in bulk ? 10k or more . I understand a pallet contains 25k but is the saving worth it , does anyone have any experience of this please ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I am in the market for 15k.

So far it seems its more trouble than its worth to most retailers.

Ok I am after my own branding but it seems simple enough to me.

With regards discount hardly any it would seem.

I have negioted at best 11% discount from retail.

And at very best 20% direct from a manufacturer.

When you get into those amounts - you are hedging for future increases as well... its whatever % you can get as discount + whatever % increase over time you will use them. 

I'd love to do this - but my issue is storage. 

I know what mine is - about 1500 before Mrs Admin goes garrity. 

I am in the market for 15k.

So far it seems its more trouble than its worth to most retailers.
Ok I am after my own branding but it seems simple enough to me.
With regards discount hardly any it would seem.

I have negioted at best 11% discount from retail.
And at very best 20% direct from a manufacturer.

What carts were those Jem ?

I know what mine is - about 1500 before Mrs Admin goes garrity. 

I can get away with about 5k before mrs P realises I'm spending too much . Perhaps 25k might look like an episode of life of grime , spilling out wherever you open a door . I'll get some prices and report back .

I'm fortunate enough to have quite a lot of secure storage space. When the FEO came to interview me he indicated there was no real limit to how many guns or ammo I could store, it was more a case of available capacity.
By the estimate we made, there's room for a few hundred slabs and, depending on how you stack them, a few tens of shotguns. When asked if filling that was a challenge, his reply was that there was no reason for him to refuse to allow it.
Sadly my wife has more interdiction power is slightly greater than the police's...

The only stipulation re how many you can store is a HSE regulation and nothing to do with the police. I think it works out at approx 10k however the actual regulation is weight of explosives and includes primer. The above is from memory i can find out for sure as brother in law is HSE Explosives inspector but a trawl may clarify as we have done this before.

Personally i don't see any benefit of more than 5k as you are unlikely to get much further discount also what if you go off them and want to change for whatever reason ?

I will check for you but i think you will find that it is per property not per room as HSE would not leave such a loop hole.

To be more specific, he said that the garage was one room, the shed another, the room at the back of the garage was another that gave him 30000. There was a fire door at the back of the garage to the second room. 

Its total Bollox i have just checked.

The HSE regulation states "no person shall store explosives unless he has a licence to store etc etc" there is however an exemption for 15kg of percussion caps or small arms ammunition. My reliable source says and i quote " the clue is in the no person.

But as far as I am aware, shotgun ammo is NOT classed as explosives and there is a limit as to what can be stored in 1 location, I think from a fire risk aspect. The dealers that I know have had both Fire and HSE checks as to the building suitability and neither are domestic premises. Shotgun ammo is 'not likely to explode in bulk', which is why the storage differs to that of black powder.

This subject was covered on the C.P.S.A. Safety Officers course that I attended, but that was back in the eighties and I suppose the Law could have changed since, but I can recall that the amount was not in cartridge numbers but quantity of powder and that the figure of 10,000 was an aproximation. I will try and find the course notes, which I believe I still have.

Latest posts

Back