Registered Shoots

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robo

Evening guys,I have just got my CPSA membership card/number so Im ready to start shooting some Reg' shoots, but dont know if I just roll up on the day or do I have to phone to book on ?I would like to shoot 100 sporting at Wylye Valley on the 9th of October as they are the nearest to me, before I venture futher afield.What sort of price will I be paying for a Reg' shoot?If someone could shed some light on this for me I would be most gratefull.Many Thanks Rob

hi Rob, I don't how all the grounds work around you but I'm pretty sure 99% of them will be just turn up on the day and pay your entry fee of about £35 - £40 again depending on the ground concerned, you could always email them and ask even a quick phone call should clear thinkgs up for, you might even find a member from here that will be going to Wylye on the same date. Good luck anyway and let us know how you get on and what the shoot is like - maybe a few pics too would be great ?Nige

Cheers Nige, I will let you know how I get on, Im looking forward to shooting at some proper targets and if I can shoot 50% I will be happy with that, I will try and take some photos if the Mrs will let me borrow her camera lolRob

Hi Robo,Welcome to competition shooting, it will take you over and become a passion. The only time I ever ring to book on is if it is for anything that is squadded. (FITASC sporting or FITASC UT or OT or Double Trap) Or if it is a County Championship.What county are you in if you use Wylye, Wilts, Berks, Hants?Prices vary at different grounds.Say hello to Ian Stones from me will you, and take extra dosh because his wife makes brilliant proper cakes. (Good nosh there)

Hi Nicola, Im in Hants right on the Wilts border , yes I got the clay shooting bug and cant get enough of it at the moment . Im looking forward to it !As I understand it I've got to shoot 300 reg' targets before December 1st before I find out what class I will be shooting in .Rob

Robo - I might be up for that, I've been meaning to visit Wylye - and this could be a good opportunity. Give me an email ping and we'll work out if we can go round together.

Hello Robo, if it's ESP then you can just roll up. I might be up for that shoot. I can let you know nearer the time if you fancy meeting up and we can shoot round together. Always better if you have someone to go round with.If Matt's up for it then we could call it another ShootClay meet-up!

yes yes yes - Robo, suggest you create an article in the meet-up forum with the location and date, I'll amost certainly make it to that...

I strongly suggest that you go to Wylye on a Saturday first, crossers from the top of the 100ft bank anyone! Or even a downward firing clay quartering towards you. Ian sometimes has a driven from this banl as well.Practise is 27.50 on a 100. I'm up for a Saturday meet if you like.http://www.wylye-shooting.co.uk/

Posted in meet up Matt, it would be great to shoot it with you and Toby and anyone else who would like to join us Andy.... I haven't got a Saturday free before the Reg shoot (working) but hope we can arrange something in the near future atbRob

Latest posts

Back