Hypothetical high rib question

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ips

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

(40up please note this is hypothetical so "don't panick Mr 40up sir")

Here goes.. hypothetical of course.

If you were a middle aged bloke with bad back and a neck/shoulder problem that keeps recurring and if you preferred the comfort of head up trap shooting and had a couple over the years one of which you shot very well particularly at DTL (AA) would you ...

a - consider another high rib gun

b - get a nill griffe fitted to the DT10 with the hope you could get it adjusted to your liking

c - suffer the neck pain just take ibuprofen

If you answered ( a ) what high rib trap gun would you consider ?

My suggestion is  option A reason a more upright stance must and does take load off your back and neck muscles. choice of gun? Perazzi MX2005 or even an MX2008 !

My suggestion is  option A reason a more upright stance must and does take load off your back and neck muscles. choice of gun? Perazzi MX2005 or even an MX2008 !

oops, you said the P word to a fan of B,

My suggestion is  option A reason a more upright stance must and does take load off your back and neck muscles. 
Exactly my thoughts john which is why I tried a few about 4years ago, then my neck problem faded and even though I was shooting the gold e X trap very well I ended up back on the DT10 and then chopped the x in for the EELL. Anyway the neck problem has returned with a vengance so the idea has entered my head again.

Not keen on the perazzi, nothing against them but for some reason they do not do it for me.

oops, you said the P word to a fan of B,
Exactly paul, :)

Wonder when the 692 X trap is going to happen ?

DT11 x looks like too much of a beast and way to heavy.

The Beretta evo thing (686 really) we saw at SC was nice (and cheap)

Original gold x trap (not that high more stepped) maybe

CG something maybe ?

Hmmmm CG you say.

Summit Impact's the one
They look very nice especially the black jobbie, is the rib adjustable on this model.

Why do you recommend the impact as opposed to the other CG high rib models, Just asking.

I seem to remember when CG became popular 7yrs ago or whatever, there were (how can I put this) quality issues expressed by some, has this now been rectified or was it never really an issue anyway ?

OK

Who has a high rib CG trap and who is willing to let ips have a go with it somewere?

The Beretta evo thing (686 really) we saw at SC was nice (and cheap)
It was one if these at £1650 it seems ver good value, Even comes with multichokes. 

Beretta SV10 Prevail X Trap 12G 30 Inch.

It was one if these at £1650 it seems ver good value, Even comes with multichokes. 

Beretta SV10 Prevail X Trap 12G 30 Inch.
I liked it Paul, it was cheap BUT its a Beretta so it HAS to be good.  

Ian,

Place close to where you live :wink:  has this in.

Beretta 12 gauge S682 trap Over and Under second hand Shotgun (R/H), £1,050 (high rib jobbie)

" title="Image 2">
140822145610001-2-120x120.jpg

You looking for an excuse to buy a Dt11 xtrap ?
No definitely not, they are too extreme ok for DT maybe, also there too heavy as was the DT10X I used to have. So no DT11 X is out of the running.

Ian,

Place close to where you live :wink:  has this in.

Beretta 12 gauge S682 trap Over and Under second hand Shotgun (R/H), £1,050 (high rib jobbie)

ooh you got me all excited, BUT some absolute numb nut has had after market chokes fitted so imo it aint worth scrap value anymore.

Godamit.

No cheaper way to experiment with a high rib than old spec 682X, can be had with either 30 or 32", are multi so you can experiment, can be had for under a grand, get back what you paid if you sell it and it's a proper gun if you decide to keep it. The next best route is the E version but obviously a bit dearer.

"impact" is the derivative used in CG for the high rib and adjustable comb guns.

You can have a Summit, Challenger, Maxum, etc all in Impact variety.

SO basically choose the grade of engraving and wood, then get the impact version....

I never hear of any reliability issues with CG now, apparently there were some with the very first guns over in the US, But everyone I know who has/had one has loved them!

I love mine! ;-)

Good point hammy, original 682 or gold much better quality than the recent stuff imo. and as you say you will never lose on them.

its on the short list.

Back