SHOOTCLAY CUP 2014

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guerini Guy

If not the first, then let me be at least one of the first to congratulate Matt Rutherford on this forum, for a hugely successful inaugural ShootClay Cup.

Both Pam and I had a really great day. Shot like a plank personally but hey, who cares. We thoroughly enjoyed the targets, had a great squad, were looked after fabulously by Churchills staff (special thanks to Amy), and most importantly were able to meet up with lots of people from the forum.

Did have a lot of sympathy for Shaun though. . . . . . . . . . not only did he lose his £20 bet with Natasha, but as a double whammy it seems that Tash didn't even have to whip her bra off to get the win  :haha:

Proud day for you Matt, we can only hope you enjoyed your dream as much as we did ?

Well done Matt, Great shoot with a friendly atmosphere. Just what the sport needs. I also shot like a lemon but can;t pretend to be worried about it. Thought Mark Marshall and the EJC team put on an interesting set of targets with as usual a well run competition.

Thanks must also go to the rest of our squad (77) other than Tony there were no stars but we all had fun and came away with a positive attitude.

Full Marks to Santa for wearing his outfit throughout the shoot.

Already looking forward to next years ShootClay Cup. 

Matt, I thought your son was doing a great job selling ShootClay merchandise at the end of the day!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can only echo what GG Dave and Sian have said.

A superb day even though I shot like Stevie Wonder.

Well done Matt and put me down for next year!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Great seeing you PhilS

Great seeing you PhilS
Likewise it was a pleasure to meet you, Tony and Amber. I look forward to the next time.

Really great shoot. Everything seemed to run smoothly nice relaxed atmosphere. Good targets nothing silly a good ENGLISH SPORTING for a change, just shows you dont need eye sight tests to beat people. Well done to Sara Chambers 3rd in ladies and Dave Morgan placed in AA ( sorry can't remember which place ) fab shooting on our squad. Only downside of the day was the cloud burst on the 3.00pm rotation. Please can you sort that bit out for next year Matt!! Seriously tho well done good job roll on the next one.

Another huge thumbs up from me, 

Nice to finally put faces to names :) , although there were still a few i missed.  Iggy where were you?

Targets were good, hard and fun,  who didn't have a laugh at the rabbit  coming down the bank .

Some  stands i thoroughly enjoyed, and others were just  impossible (for me that is )

I'll try and get a detailed write up at some time  (when i can remember what was presented at each stand )  guess who forgot to  photo the stand card !

Got slightly damp at the 3pm rotation ., 

Had a great laugh with the members of my squad,   and nice to meet Natasha & Shaun on the squad behind me

Think I've scraped last place ., so i now have a target to beat for next year

:santa:

Thumbs up from me too. I thought the targets achieved a really good balance and there was something for everyone. I personally loved the sim pair of driven but that's the game shooting back ground :) . I like all the rabbits although the green one was a bit of an eyesight test. The sun did affect us on the harder area starting at 9:30am as we were looking straight into it and i would have loved to have started on an easier stand than 10 as that ruined a potentially great card straight away. Shame i couldn't have warmed up on the easier stuff first or maybe a pool shoot but that was my fault for not booking my place earlier.

Love the food and the ground and the event showed Southdown how to put on a variety of targets in my opinion. Roll on next year, i'll be there. Well done and thanks Matt.

I can only echo what everyone else has said.  It was a great competition, well organised and a good variety of targets.  My aim at the moment at any shoot is to get 50% of the targets, and in this case I shot 61  :nyam:    phew!     Well done Matt and everyone who helped to make this a successful day.    See you all next year, if not before!

Matt, I see the scores are up - but only the totals. Any plans to put up the full breakdown stand by stand? Like you did after day 1?
And did Cheryl shoot in AAA or ladies? She took the 2nd prize in ladies but you've entered her score in AAA..

I see Matt has full results up.  thanks again, Matt!

hopefully not the stand breakdown,,, I don't need reminding of all the 'LOST'S',  hahaha,,,,,

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt, I see the scores are up - but only the totals. Any plans to put up the full breakdown stand by stand? Like you did after day 1?

And did Cheryl shoot in AAA or ladies? She took the 2nd prize in ladies but you've entered her score in AAA..
I will get the remainder of stand by stand scores up... But the scorecards got left at EJC (my fault)... So it will be when I can get there and pick them up.

Cheryl shot in ladies... I will amend the spreadsheet.

Shootclaycup.com/scores

Noted that the UNC ones aren't showing... Will fix that shortly.

I shall dig out your scorecard when I get them back from EJC.

I didn't count any up - I had a team of minions doing it... 

Latest posts

Back