692 Ejector Removal

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P1Fanatic

Finally got around to trying this and not having much luck. Managed to remove the ejector / extractor screw easy enough but then what? Some instructions just say release the ejector after having it depressed but mine stays in place albeit a few mm further back than the other ejector that I havent touched. Others say pull it back towards the breech but mine is solid and no way its just coming out backwards.

Do I have to twist it out (bottome edge out first) or am I missing something simple here? Annoying the hell out of me as every guide says it so simple.

Thanks

Simon

If you've removed the screw, you might need to give a tug on the ejector to pull it out. On mine, one side needs this and the other side just springs out.

Either way make sure you cover your fingers with a piece of cloth or rag as the beretta ejectors can be quote sharp.

Let me know if you need any mire info.

Ian

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Ian. Did the other side and it came off easy. First side I clamped with a rag and pliers then yanked it off. Very sticky.

Hard bit done I then cleaned the spring holes with cotton buds. Like an idiot one came off inside the tube and trying to hook it out etc I manage to get it right to the bottom. Tried every which way to get it out but gave up. All back together and seems to be ok. Guess that spring will have a little more tension but fingers crossed I haven't knackered it.

Cheers

Simon

And did the amount of dirt, merit the risk of damage ?

Small long drill but turned by hand?

And did the amount of dirt, merit the risk of damage ?
I would say yes unless they stop working next time I shoot .. Was a lot of crud and gritty oil behind them. Not something I would do every week but maybe a couple if times of year. Tbh it is easy if they are loose as the other side simply slid off once I had removed the screw and released pressure.

Cheers

Simon

Small long drill but turned by hand?
Assume this was meant for me re: my missing cotton bud head? I did try this with differing thickness drill bits in the hope that it would pick it up or break it into pieces. Nothing came out though. There is a very small 2mm hole near the bottom where I can see it. Tried coaxing it out there but again no joy. I was actually at the point of trying to burn it but thought better of it.

Its well compacted by now. So the spring only stands out 1 more turn. Reassembled and the ejectors look level, close ok and work well enough on snap caps. Will see how it works under real conditions next saturday.

Cheers

Simon

I'm sure you'll be fine, just remember to check that the screw is set to whatever position you prefer (eject/non eject) before you set off.

I was really nervous about doing this the first time, but once you've done it it's very easy as you say. I must confess this is now part of my regular cleaning routine and the ejectors are removed and cleaned after every shoot.

It's probably a bit OTT, but I actually find it quicker overall to remove and clean them properly than it is to fanny about trying to clean the ejectors in place with bits of matchsticks and cotton wool buds etc. It might seem a 'faff' if you've only done it once or twice, but once you've got the hang of it it's very quick to do.

Ian.

Yeah I do and keep a screwdriver in my cartridge bag just in case.

A few weeks back the forend clip popped open whilst shooting. Seems the torx screws inside above the spring had worked loose. Tightened them up and no issues since. But worth checking they are tight when you clean.

Latest posts

Back