grounds

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryn12

Hellish quite appeals to my masochistic streak (used to be deadly on woodcock and snipe) so can anyone tell me what grounds in the UK have it.

It is Hellish as well :wink:

A1 Shooting ground (North London)

Rugby and district trap clup (Rugby)

Invicta gun club (Kent)

Come on down...... :wink:

British Grand Prix coming up 16th / 17th August at A1.

Hotel across the road - Holiday Inn Borehamwood.

Last edited:
Oh don't worry Tink I will (you've been warned), spent a lot of my childhood hols in Kent and I love the county and know it quite well, pity its so far away.

I don't use the Kent ground anymore as it is too far for me. Sick of having a 4 hour trip back up the M25.....and now I have retired from team.....I do not have to go. Might go to the English if the weather looks good.

Mostly shoot Hellish at A1 now.....if I shoot it at all..... as it is nearest.

See you at the British??

Cheaper for you to just go straight out to an international competition. :wink:

I wish, August is one of our busiest months workwise (2nd/3rd cut silage and harvest in full swing) and I've got a load of other stuff on as well, its more a case of find some time and see what's on.

thanks TD, Warwickshire, Herts and Kent.........just down the road then
Same here Bryn, although not quite as far as you! I just hate travelling!

I shot it a couple of times when I lived in Kent. I would shoot it all the time if it was local, even though it is a sort of Trap Discipline. It's like Trap but with all the boredom taken out!!

The only thing for me was the wait between shots. 1 target then you're off, wait until your turn comes again, then one more. Very frustrating if you want to get on with it. That was in the days before autoloading traps where a runner had to go out to re-load the trap after each shot. Watching it on Youtube it seems like they've changed that now and you have to shoot a few before you stop.

How hard can it be to have a mobile layout that goes around the country? I'm sure it would be very popular.  :biggrin:

A1 have a have-a-go day at helice on 2nd August. We went to one in March. It was great fun. Just £1 a bird and we didn't have to hang around all day. 

I really fancy a go at it as well. I live in rugby so no excuse to not Try it

Latest posts

Back