£2300 for a Baikal ?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vostock were hand built for russian (USSR) internationals and very few exported..... In good condition thats a bargain if it fits you 

I can recall seeing some top of the range Baikal side x side and O/U's at a Game Fair some thirty or so years ago  which were a lot dearer than that. They really were lovely guns, both sidelocks and with superb woodwork and complete in their cases. In fact I think I am right in saying that there is a very much top of the range Russian gun on display in Windsor Castle. 

Yes ,they made top class sidelock & boxlocks in the 70`s,wonder if the  craftsmen are still there ?

I believe Joe Neville used a Vostock skeet gun a good while back. They were very fine guns by all accounts, nothing like a Baikal. The mob that made Vostock are still there making guns apparently, they now look rather different and cost a bomb, not sure if they are still called Vostock though.

I believe Joe Neville used a Vostock skeet gun a good while back. They were very fine guns by all accounts, nothing like a Baikal. The mob that made Vostock are still there making guns apparently, they now look rather different and cost a bomb, not sure if they are still called Vostock though.
Take no notice, this man shoots a "K" and therefore has lost all rights to an opinion :)

Only joking Les me old mate only joking.

Take no notice, this man shoots a "K" and therefore has lost all rights to an opinion :)

No joking necessary.  He has clearly become devoid of taste and as a consequence his opinions are approaching worthless.   :crazy:    May be an ageing related degeneration.

However, if he sets out to simply impart facts, as he does here ref Vostock, that might be allowed.  Substantiated facts, of course.   :nyam:

I had the opportunity once to buy one of the trap guns for a bargain of the century price.  Impressive machine!  But the stock was so not me that I passed on it.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Fare comment Charlie we will allow substantiated fact but no opinion :)

Ps

and les now drinks that fizzy foreign beer, lager or summat.

I rest my case.

Have a look at Premier Guns web, Matt has 2 Vostock Trap guns an MU6 and an MU8 both with 2 barrel sets.

P.S.

Les, get in there. Talk to him nicely and he may just give you a case of Lager for that 'K' !

I think the Russian gun is now called an MT 3 or maybe an MT 6. Nice guns it seems, not available in the UK though. They really look very very nice!!

Only joking Les me old mate only joking.
Yes I now shoot a K80, nobody is more surprised than I am Ian! But I must say that it is without doubt the softest shooting gun I've ever shot. Yes its quirky and will take some getting used to, but I've grown very fond of it already. But only time will tell I guess!!!

I always knew I would take a lot of stick for getting a K80! I'm not saying its a gun for life, but I can say this much, I shoot it no better than a Miroku or a Beretta, but it is the most comfortable gun I've ever shot or owned,it is very well engineered and as new I do believe they are over priced! Yes it is probably a Marmite gun, but even though I know it may not make me shoot any better, I still love it. Yes its a beast of a gun, it has character and I actually get a buzz from shooting the thing, hit or miss. That buzz is something I like, something I've been missing for a long time! Yes its great to win,but just enjoying shooting is more important now. I shoot with a wonderful bunch of guys and a wonderful gun, that's all I need these days! Sad but true I'm afraid!

Latest posts

Back