Fiocchi for OT

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philpot

Following on from the post Nicola did on Fiocchi cartridges, I am after any feedback on the Fiocchi F-BLU carts and what you think of them also is there much difference between them and the F-BLACK shells. My club has just started to sell the F-Blu at £41 per 250 which sounds good to me. Your thoughts please!

Phil

Last edited by a moderator:
I see a lot of those about at sporting shoots as well - but never on a price list. I'd be interested on feedback as well.

that does sound like a decent price. Never seen them for sale at my usual suppliers.

Hi Philpot,

I have not tried them as I am a great lover of Golden Trap (had my first 24 with them on OT at Owls Lodge yesterday).

For your information the F - Blu and F - Black were designed to help keep prices more affordable for the UK shooter by giving a true competition cartridge at a cheaper price than the top of the range shell Golden Trap.

It has 16mm head and 5% antimony. The only difference between Blu and Black is the wad and the powder (slight differences) .

There is also a competitively priced new cartridge that should hit the UK in the next few days called F-BlackSporter. This again is made as a serious competition cartridge....28grms and is an Italian 8.5 which is a UK8. They expect this will do well. Fiocchi have seriously listened to their UK importer who requested a good competition cartridge at an economical price that shooters can afford.

For the experts out there at the top end ....there is also a fantastic new competition cartridge coming next week (i will be getting a slab for testing) which will be called 'Shoot off' i think. This will have the new double wad which in short will act like a piston, the shot will leave the gun like a slug and be effective at the required range. 24grms and tight pattern, hence a cartridge for serious competition.

I know you shoot the 'Golden Trap' Nicola but unfortunatley I dont know anybody who sells them within a 100 miles of me so I tend to rely on what the ground is selling. I was always a great fan of the original Eley Olympic Trap cartridges but again getting hold of VIP's is not easy where I live so hence the interest in the Fiocchi F-Blu.

Phil

Let me know how you get on with them when you try them.

I'd be very interested in the English 8 Fiocchi shells if only we could get hold of them here :) . The F blu is supposed to be replacing the Top 1 of old I believe? Those are a good club shell so the replacement should fare well. I recall reading an article about Fiocchi where it was claimed they load all their clay loads to the same velocity, so powder/wad/shot variances are primarily to cater for pattern density and recoil characteristics?!

Oh another question for you Matt :cool: , why don't you poach staff from Fiocchi/Eley to show you how it's done? :lol: :???: :.:

Staff? Are you having a laugh? There's a donation button on the front page that rarely gets clicked... let alone a steady income stream.

Staff? Are you having a laugh? There's a donation button on the front page that rarely gets clicked... let alone a steady income stream.
Sorry Matt, the question is one I'd like directed at the cartridge manufacturers, not your good self :) , I mean someone at Eley must be able to teach Hull a thing or two?

Oh.... I see... OK. Not sure 'll be using an interview to tell them how to staff and run their business... but i'll keep it in mind.

Sorry Matt, the question is one I'd like directed at the cartridge manufacturers, not your good self :) , I mean someone at Eley must be able to teach Hull a thing or two?
The question is: Why cant Eley make cartridges that are as clean as Hull (for the same price). Then I might buy them. Eley should come with a B+Q voucher, to spend on electric pistol drill to drive the bore cleaning brush. I mean, there was less stubborn soot in Dickens day!

CSC3

Oh.... I see... OK. Not sure 'll be using an interview to tell them how to staff and run their business... but i'll keep it in mind.
No I agree, there is a limit to how piercingly one can engage in an argument without coming across as abrasive. It's true though all the same, somebody gotta tell them where to close that £50 gap. ;)

The question is: Why cant Eley make cartridges that are as clean as Hull (for the same price). Then I might buy them. Eley should come with a B+Q voucher, to spend on electric pistol drill to drive the bore cleaning brush. I mean, there was less stubborn soot in Dickens day!

CSC3
Which Eley shells are you referring to Clever? Not that I care much what the inside of my barrels look like but I don't find Superbs any dirtier than whatever else is out there. The thing with cleaning is that apart from guns that would rust if not cleaned, it isn't really necessary day to day.

I haven't used them for a while, but it was Olymip trap and then Superbs. I thought that 15 minutes scrubbing around the forcing cones was normal, until I changed to Express which needed about 10 seconds, as do Hull and Clever. Pretty sure all Eleys are like it..

Also, I stopped using Superbs because they had a problem with not burning all the propellant flakes, which would be left in the gun around the ejectors. No mystery to me why Eley are cheaper than Hull..

CSC3

I have always found Eley Superb and Blues to be very clean in fact Hull were always much more dirty than Eleys-------has that now changed. They always had more recoil than Eley as well.

Phil

I found Hull X-Comps dirtier than Eley Olympics FWIW. Fiocchis are super clean.

Back