I feel the urge to shoot DTL again, am I mad

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ips

Title says it all really.

Every few years I get the itch to shoot DTL I usually last a few months and then boredom sets in but I do enjoy it for a change and its great practice (imo) for both the mental side and for technique. I particularily like shooting the kriegof and the bywel weekend. The last time I shot it seriously for a full year and ended up in AA so I soon gave it up as I don't have a 300 in me so your never going to win big without a 300 in your armoury. Trouble is I may need a new gun as I like a high rib for DTL. (were talking new gun not a change of gun) quite like the look of the SV10 X trap anyone shot one ?

Psst

Do not under any circumstances mention any of the above to 40up he does not like any type of change mid season so mums the word.

Mad? Certainly not, CG are taking the DTL world by storm with the summit ascent iirc there a few CG demo days coming so suggest you go and try one out. They are in short supply too it may just a flavour of the month thing but it seems to have lasted several months. A 300 was shot with one at brook bank the week before the bywell weekend.

Come over to the dark side Ian, you know you want to!

Theres a 3-day at Bywell coming up, 18-20th of July.

Did you shoot dtl with a high rib before? Lots of people have the high ribs, and shoot well with them. But lots shoot it well with flat ribs too.

P.S I'll be at Degla on Wednesday evenings from now on (including tonight), if you want to do some mid-week dtl practice

Hi Rob

Cant do bywell but might do a sunday at degla in the next few weeks or poss north of england.

I used to shoot a flat rib until I tried a high rib and shot very well with the couple I had however only at DTL could not make them work for fast stuff.

Thanks for the offer re degla tonight but I have been digging the front garden up with the JCB for the last few evenings, oh what fun. not   :)

I did consider the CG and might have a good look at one but Mr Beretta will not be pleased with me as I have shot nothing but Beretta for 20yrs :)

IPS I have sold my Beretta and turned to the dark side CG Summit Ascent.

" thats when the fight started "

This is merely a subconscious reaction to your nearly doing some sporting. The move towards something interesting has been counteracted in the subconscious by an urge to do something deathly dull. This is just your inner self looking for balance.

This is merely a subconscious reaction to your nearly doing some sporting. The move towards something interesting has been counteracted in the subconscious by an urge to do something deathly dull. This is just your inner self looking for balance.
Ha, very good and quite possibly very true :)

As I say I never last more than a few months before the tedium sets in, maybe I am just having a moment :)

Krieghoff. Krieghoff.Krieghoff.Krieghoff.Krieghoff. :haha:

You're def having a moment....I've heared some excuses to by a new gun before, but this is a new one on me. I say nooooooooooooooooooooo!   :fie:

But if you insist, the Blaser high rib jobbie they had at Brookbank last weekend did feel good. I might let you give me have a go with it.

I think this is Les53's fault, he started it off by buying a K gun. Now Ian is feeling left out of the limelight so wants a new gun to shoot DTL, quite obviously the ABT at Brook Bank has seriously affected his mental state :banghead:    

If it'll make you feel any happier Ian I've been out decoying pigeons over barley with my Perazzi :hunter:   

Last edited by a moderator:
Referring to your, so eloquently put, title..........YES!  BONKERS!!!    :fie:

First Les, now you?? What on earth is going on here???

K-Gun a certainty next then??   :sarcastic:

It's as unlikely as me shooting any form of Trap!!  Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!  No way!!!!  (Not a word Les Shhhhhh! or I'll tell them why you called it off.  Shhhhhhhh!).

The post from Will (below) is the best bit of psychological analysis I have ever read. So True! So True!  :biggrin:

Lets be sure about one thing there is no way on earth that I will buy a K that's for sure, but yes I too blame les.

Paul

you buy one I will try it

phil

were these pigeon over barley released with no delay and at the propper angle ?

IPS, I am still waiting for you to try some sporting?! Im genuinely interested in how much you will enjoy it! ;-)

And, CG? I'm biased, but lovely guns! My maxum is (and I quote from yourself) "as nice looking as my EELL!"

Just a thought but you could get a rib for one of your current guns if they have adjustable combs ?

phil

were these pigeon over barley released with no delay and at the propper angle ?
All heights, distances and angles were completely random and and I can say, hand on heart, it wasn't a no bird day, I was kept very busy.  There were some delays but no sooner than I'd picked up a drink or sandwich the birds appeared again.

IPS, I am still waiting for you to try some sporting?! Im genuinely interested in how much you will enjoy it! ;-)And, CG? I'm biased, but lovely guns! My maxum is (and I quote from yourself) "as nice looking as my EELL!"
not long now simon :)
ps

yes it is lovely looking mate

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a thought but you could get a rib for one of your current guns if they have adjustable combs ?
none of mine are adjustable, anyway the need for a high rib is good enough excuse for an additional gun me thinks :)

All heights, distances and angles were completely random and and I can say, hand on heart, it wasn't a no bird day, I was kept very busy.  There were some delays but no sooner than I'd picked up a drink or sandwich the birds appeared again.
glad to year it phil, as long as they were regulation :)

Latest posts

Back