Open Thread - Clay Shooting Classic - June 4th to 7th

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExSCA

ShootClay Admin
All, 

An open thread for those attending, shooting or just watching the scores from the Clay Shooting Classic over the next few days...

One of our premier events, at one of our favourite grounds.

Go!

I'm going, which is nothing short of a miracle!!   :fie:

11.00am rotation Saturday starting on Red Course. I hope you all wear pink carnations so I recognise everyone.

Looking forward to this, my first big competition in over 10 years! Nervous? No. Quietly confident? Of course, it's only shooting. Expect to win anything? NO WAY!!

I will enjoy the whole occasion, the company, the targets, the hospitality, the location, the chit-chat, maybe the controversy and even the weather, but it WILL be a good day for me!

Come and have a chat if you see me, I don't bite. I look forward to meeting you too!   :biggrin:   (If anybody recognises me it will be another miracle!!)  :sarcastichand:

Last edited:
Saturday 9:00 starting on Red Course Stand 8, looks like a trip to the golf shop for wet weather gear!

Saturday 11 am Blue course Stand 8 - I am so looking forward to it, my dream has come true even before I shot the courses (so long as they don't change the squad!)   :)  

Been looking forward to this all year. Friday 11.30 not sure what course.

Not expecting fireworks from myself at the moment but am certain it will be a blinding shoot!

Also get to spend another day at grimsthorpe seeing some proper targets Tomo as practice. Sadly I won't be shooting them!

Saturday 11am for me, by the looks of it the weather will be bad but I don't care because it all looks fantastic. Also I am going with a mate who is booked on at 9am so I will be sampling the bacon sandwiches and tea and peering at the sky while i await my start time.

Been looking forward to this all year. Friday 11.30 not sure what course.

Not expecting fireworks from myself at the moment but am certain it will be a blinding shoot!

Also get to spend another day at grimsthorpe seeing some proper targets Tomo as practice. Sadly I won't be shooting them!
Blue course Stand 12

Saturday 11 am Blue course Stand 8 - I am so looking forward to it, my dream has come true even before I shot the courses (so long as they don't change the squad!)   :)
Ah ha, you are shooting with the Digweed, it was all sounding very cryptic until i got the squad list up. Enjoy the day, shoot well.

Ah ha, you are shooting with the Digweed, it was all sounding very cryptic until i got the squad list up. Enjoy the day, shoot well.
and Mr Richard King who is very good.  The rest of my squad will also be miles better than me so I get to watch some great shooting no doubt about it.

I shot the Gamebore Gold Cup with George last year...  excellent to watch the action close up and see how much you can absorb.  The only potential downside is that he can gather a crowd as you move round the ground, so you find yourself shooting with a whole bunch of people watching, it's OK if you don't mind an audience. 

Enjoy!

and Mr Richard King who is very good.  The rest of my squad will also be miles better than me so I get to watch some great shooting no doubt about it.
They might be good at shooting, but they're not a patch on you at The News Quiz Sian!  :biggrin:

Show them the way to do it!!  Don't be intimidated.     :spiteful: Go Sian! Go Sian!

:superman:Sian,

It will be a pleasure shooting with you also, glad  could help your dreams come true hehehehe, :king:

Little fella and I are really looking forward to it, and as you say I really hope they don't change the squad around :hunter: Will be interesting :superman:

I am not at all intimidated by shooting with George - I have shot in front of him before and I feel quite relaxed.  I think because he is soooooo much better than me that I do not have to worry about my level.  I am also not bothered about crowds watching me either,  I accept my lowly level and they will not be watching me.

Topdog if I shoot at the same level as answering the quiz I am doomed.  Lets all pray for Mr Hoskins because last Sunday was the most diabolical shooting I have ever seen him undertake.  He just had the worst day in 20 years of shooting and missed so many easy birds, tiredness and his sore feet not helping.

I look forward to meeting you Eddie and your son.

Enjoy everyone :)

Saturday 11am red course starting stand 1. See you all there and don't forget my hug TD.

Jane

Saturday, 11am, red 3 with the dream squad!  (There'll be a pair of devilishly handsome boys together!)

I so want to shoot this but don't know if I can a). Get time owf, B) . Get on a squad all gonna be last minute.com? On the upside the rest of the guys and gals from proshock will be there Friday and Saturday with the stand.

www.proshock.co.uk

Latest posts

Back