Barrow Heath

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aspire

First visit for me here yesterday. Met up with Nicky T and Henry Hopking,and on arrival was greeted by Phil with a very warm welcome, and thanked us for making the journey. A rarity to feel welcomed at a shooting ground these days since the demise of Wylye Valley. A nice touch on each stand was,as well as the menu board,there were two clays to show what type of target you were shooting. Simple,but a nice touch I thought.

It's a lovely ground,well kept,good targets and very professionally run. Yesterday Phil had been let down by three refs,but everybody mucked in together and there were very little issues.

If you're looking for a new ground to visit,this should definitely be on your radar - we're already planning a return trip soon.

Did the FITASC there yesterday. Lovely day in the sunshine, pity my shooting didn't match the weather. Some long targets, a very interesting battue in white down in the valley. I can still hear the clays off the tower up on the hill laughing at me! Oh! and the edge on rabbit at the railway survived several direct hits! :)

Nice shoot. 110 mile drive each way for me though and £67 for 100 targets, that's a £135 day for me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Off to Barrow heath today with a seasoned Fitasc shooter (Shootinguru will obviously be along as official Fitasc Police soon ) for some brushing up of the little things i keep forgetting but looking forward to a good day out. see you there guys  :spiteful:

Last edited by a moderator:
Did the FITASC there yesterday. Lovely day in the sunshine, pity my shooting didn't match the weather. Some long targets, a very interesting battue in white down in the valley. I can still hear the clays off the tower up on the hill laughing at me! Oh! and the edge on rabbit at the railway survived several direct hits! :)

Nice shoot. 110 mile drive each way for me though and £67 for 100 targets, that's a £135 day for me!
Ian, was nice to meet you & thanks for your support.

The White battue was actually a White midi thrown from a chondel trap with lots of spring on it !!!

The entry fee is set by the CPSA & is part of the contract.........

Hope to see you again soon :nyam:   :nyam:

Well there you are had a lovely day today Great weather and a really nice ground to shoot with a very pleasant atmosphere good food good company and brilliant targets although i had massive holes in my shot pattern all day :spiteful: nice to meet you Phil and look forward to coming back with my head screwed on the right way round :swoon:

Latest posts

Back