SHOOTCLAY CUP 2014 - Announcement

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExSCA

ShootClay Admin
Friends - I am really proud to announce details of the ShootClay Cup 2014 - I've decided to make a massive step up to the plate and land a new annual event for the Clay Shooting calendar:

The ShootClay Cup 2014 - Friday 22nd and Saturday 23rd of August 2014

Join ShootClay at the inaugural ShootClay Cup - a 120 target English Sporting event over 15 stands set at the prestigious EJ Churchill Shooting Ground in Buckinghamshire. Targets will be set by Mark Marshall, who led the World Sporting Championship team and will provide an excellent test ahead of the British Open. Prize fund currently stands at just over £10,000 with High Gun sponsors being confirmed over the next days. 

Alongside the main event, there will be an extreme pool shoot with dream prizes, a Saturday night prizegiving party with music, food and drinks and EJ Churchill will be running a mini game fair alongside the two day event, so there will be plenty to see and do. 

A dedicated website will be online this weekend with more details of prize breakdowns, sponsors and details for entries. Entries will be squadded, but we are planning a three hour rotation to ensure that people can enjoy the shoot in a relaxed, focused environment to bring the best out of the shooters. 

The entry price will be £50 - with a subsidised price for Colts and Juniors (sponsored by my friends at Muller Chokes)

How the prize fund will be made up:

• High Gun Cash Prize + Gun - sponsor to be announced in the next few days
  • Cash Prizes for Classes down to 5th place / Categories (Ladies, Vets, Colts, Juniors) down to 3rd place.
  • Five thousand Gamebore White Gold distributed across Classes and Categories
  • Muller Choke prizes for Colts and Junior categories
  • HG Winners of each Class and Category will win a complimentary EJ Churchill membership worth approx £400
  • Champagne for winners sponsored by Le Pondicherry
  • plus there are two or three more sponsors being confirmed, and I will announce those over the next few days. 

There will be Pool Shoots with prizes, including an 'Extreme Dream Pool Shoot' with a prize that 'money cannot buy' - completely unique to the event.  I'll be announcing details of that very soon as well. 

I will also be putting up a special prize for the top ShootClay Member in each class as well as some fun family prizes (father and child high gun)

In all seriousness members - I'm hoping this will be a landmark event in the calendar, and I hope to see as many of the ShootClay membership there as possible. When I started the site, and then the forum I had dreams of putting on an event like this.  I read a lot of the comments and feedback on our major events and I want to make sure I create an event to stand alongside the best of our major events and be both a great fun event, and a test of the best shooters around.  I thank you all in advance for your support. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Will definitely be doing this one, look forward to having a go on the extreme sportrap as well :)

Site will be launched this weekend - will open up online bookings/entries by about mid June (just a bit of work with bank connections etc)

All the best with this Matt....

See you on the Friday as stag do on the Sat.....Karting & Clays!!!

Myself and little fella are busy re-arranging holidays so we can do it. Sounds like its going to be a great event

Eddie - there will be a subsidised rate for Juniors & Colts as well - so you'll be able to take advantage of that.

Will keep everyone posted. 

Matt

Back