English Open - any news yet ?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hamster

Had a text from friends whose scores suggest a tough course although apparently it was very wind affected today, the highest score as they left was a 91 !!

Yes heard its firm. A 70 from a AA mate..
69 from a mate who is A class, a BO/EO winner on his squad did around 80/85 ! Best be getting ready for the avalanche of (was the best shoot of my life) posts.  :lol:   :hunter:   :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just back from Southdown with my lad Ben who is in B class.  He got a 74 and was disappointed with that however he went on to shoot a 87 in the Sportrap which cheered him up no end.

The wind was really howling this morning up the valley and this was followed by heavy showers.  It took some time getting around the 15 stands - almost 3 hours!

I'm just back from Southdown with my lad Ben who is in B class.  He got a 74 and was disappointed with that however he went on to shoot a 87 in the Sportrap which cheered him up no end.

The wind was really howling this morning up the valley and this was followed by heavy showers.  It took some time getting around the 15 stands - almost 3 hours!
Fair score that by the sounds of it.

Hamster,are you shooting it?
Sadly not, said friends had a slot available on their squad but I can't always let shooting come before work. If I'm brutally honest though Wayne, long ago I decided if I wasn't in a position to spend enough money and time practicing for these big events then I wasn't just going to turn up every year regardless just to make up the numbers.

I hope it makes some sense to you, I know participation is in itself fun but the reality is that you and I both know they make them super tasty (not going to argue for or against) so the big boys can really be tested because normal hard is no longer good enough. Unfortunately for me it is good enough in my present level of skill. Judging by todays scores I'd have prolly shot a 75 or 80 with the rub of the green behind me, i.e. nowhere near even a class win.

Just got back. High score in our squad was 66 by an A class shooter(not me). Had the misfortune of starting at the 14th stand set in the valley in a very strong wind. Then back to the lane where the wind eased up a bit and then the rain began. By the time we made it back into the valley it was pi**ing down and this is what greeted us for the final 5 stands. This really was a stiff test with no gimme stands anywhere. Would love to shoot it again in the sunshine.

MM

Sadly not, said friends had a slot available on their squad but I can't always let shooting come before work. If I'm brutally honest though Wayne, long ago I decided if I wasn't in a position to spend enough money and time practicing for these big events then I wasn't just going to turn up every year regardless just to make up the numbers.

I hope it makes some sense to you, I know participation is in itself fun but the reality is that you and I both know they make them super tasty (not going to argue for or against) so the big boys can really be tested because normal hard is no longer good enough. Unfortunately for me it is good enough in my present level of skill. Judging by todays scores I'd have prolly shot a 75 or 80 with the rub of the green behind me, i.e. nowhere near even a class win.
Fair enough. Lets hope you don't sit at your computer again critiquing the scores,and opinions of others who actually shot or even saw the course this time.

Is there transport to the layout? How far from the clubhouse?

WoW +4

How do these guys do that when other really good shots struggle??. He must have had the same rain and wind affected targets so is he Super-human???  :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back