ATA Arms

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salop sniper

Folks,

I have been introduced to this brand which I am told make actions and barrels for Beretta but they decided to also make guns for themselves so basically copied the Beretta 68 series action.

The gun felt just like a Beretta in handling etc and seemed a nice fit.

How ever I haven't herd of them before and can't find any reviews on them really.

Do any of you lot have any experience of these ?

At £700-£800 each they sure seem a good buy, but with so little known about them out there it does seem a bit of a plunge into the unknown even if they are half the price of: browning beretta and miroku.

So with £1200 - £1500 budget would you take the chance and spend the rest on clays and cartridges or would you stick to new or second hand: Browning, Beretta & Miroku ?

ATB

Matt

My thoughts would be stick to the 2nd hand Beretta/Browning/Miroku.

Buy your second hand Beretta etc. at £1200 and when you upgrade in a few years it should be worth £900+ on your exchange as this type of gun is always saleable.

Buy the ATA Arms at £800 new, and it will probably break your heart with the dealer's view on what it is worth to change. A relatively unknown brand with no real kudos in the market will always be viewed as a budget gun.

Good luck with your choice however, and have fun with whatever you buy.  :biggrin:

2nd hand beretta for the same money and you won't lose much rest on shells and a lesson

www.proshock.co.uk

Maybe if you'd seen and handled the ATA OUs you may have a different opinion.

I have, and I currently have one in stock, I won't have it long.

Why buy someone else's cast off with limited warranty, when you can have basically the same gun , new with a 2 year warranty.

I have an SP with adjustable comb, ventilated rib and barrels, gold trigger, steel proofed, the dogs danglies.

For sale at £995

webber

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe if you'd seen and handled the ATA OUs you may have a different opinion.

I have, and I currently have one in stock, I won't have it long.

Why buy someone else's cast off with limited warranty, when you can have basically the same gun , new with a 2 year warranty.

I have an SP with adjustable comb, ventilated rib and barrels, gold trigger, steel proofed, the dogs danglies.

For sale at £995

webber
But it is still Beretta-esque.

No good if OP wants Browning or Mirook.

Just a thought.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

I have an ATA 686T and after 4 months of solid use i have found the gun to be reliable and accurate. The fit and finish is ok and considering the price one can't complain. I did find the walnut stock to be a little pale and dry so i have added a little colour and oiled the walnut and the appearance and feel has improved markedly. It took about an hour and cost approximately £12 so it was a good investment. In Australia the importers provide a 5 year warranty which is a testament to the engineering and the quality. I shoot with lots of experienced guys and they are all quite impressed with the ATA as well. I also bought an ATA 686 SE Sporter so all up for less money than a Berreta I have to VERY decent guns which will see me through the next few years.

Moose

I've been using one for a fair while as a coaching gun it's had a lot of use and some abuse it stood up well, personally feel when they are better know here the price will start to increase. It handles nicely and is finished well for the price the oiled wood being nicer than the varnished.

I'm not old enough to remember, but they must have said the same about Miroku's when they were first imported. I do however, remember Japanese cars being referred too as "Jap Scrap" and being made of "Micky Mouse Metal" oddly, often by people who were at the time driving "good british cars" None of which still exist!

The point is, it's a gamble isn't it? If ATA take off in the UK you'll be an early adaptor and reap the benefit. Otherwise, you'll most likely have to keep it until it shoots loose and/or you can't get any spares or economically viable repairs.

Based on what's been said above (by welshwarrior) I'd take a punt if I liked the gun. I did a similar thing (to some extent) with my Guerini and I am absolutely certain that it's the best gun I have ever owned (I have had 2 Berettas and 2 Brownings previously, ohh and a Zabala!)

Last edited by a moderator:
YES, it WAS said about the Miroku's. They will NEVER outlast the Browning. They now make MOST of the Brownings !

Latest posts

Back