Clever Mirage T3 28g No8

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave-UK

When the wifey (Jo) pick up our Shotguns, she was recommended Clever Mirage T3 28g No8, she picked up 500 for me.

Had anyone used them? any good for clays?

were just starting out, so i will be trying others too. Jo likes 21g for the recoil, but just bought a box of 24g to try too.

post-2719-0-99276900-1399020168.jpg

post-2719-0-67518900-1399020180.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1382 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_1382 - Copy.JPG
    150.1 KB · Views: 0
  • photo (6).JPG
    photo (6).JPG
    159.7 KB · Views: 0
I wish we could get these here, I'd probably be all over the T2's.

Hammy,

You can get them over here.

Contact North Ayrshire Shooting Ground, Tom Young.

Also I believe that you will soon be able to get them in the Midlands & South very soon.

I know a man who can.

He will let you know when he is ready.

I do a monthly stock up at North Ayrshire, haven't tried any other cartridges but I'm missing just fine with these for now :crazy:

Hammy,

You can get them over here.

Contact North Ayrshire Shooting Ground, Tom Young.

Also I believe that you will soon be able to get them in the Midlands & South very soon.

I know a man who can.

He will let you know when he is ready.
I meant Planet Kent of course, we really do need better shell representation here.

Hi Dave, the Clever T3's are a fantastic cartridge!!! Lots of Olympic medals have been won by people shooting them, really top class shell!!!

I use T1 8's for everything showing any face or belly out to 40yds and T3 71/2's for anything 40yd+ or if it's edge on and 30yds+, the T3's pattern tighter at distance, works for me!!! I've shot the 21g T1's, almost no recoil from my gun and the way they crunch clays up makes you wonder how they can do it with 7g less shot :)

T2's are worth trying, lovely smooth shell to shoot, great pattern's and great breaks...they are an Olympic Gold winning shell too, so use with confidence!!!

Hi Dave, the Clever T3's are a fantastic cartridge!!! Lots of Olympic medals have been won by people shooting them, really top class shell!!!

I use T1 8's for everything showing any face or belly out to 40yds and T3 71/2's for anything 40yd+ or if it's edge on and 30yds+, the T3's pattern tighter at distance, works for me!!! I've shot the 21g T1's, almost no recoil from my gun and the way they crunch clays up makes you wonder how they can do it with 7g less shot :)

T2's are worth trying, lovely smooth shell to shoot, great pattern's and great breaks...they are an Olympic Gold winning shell too, so use with confidence!!!
Excellent, thank you James. I'll recommend to the wife that she gets the T1's 21g, see how she likes them

Never tried a T3, but the T2's are one of if not the nicest shells I've ever shot, however like Hammy says availability outside Scotland can be a bit patchy.

However I think I know the man Salopian is referring to and a few different flavours are being tried out as we speak!

I meant Planet Kent of course, we really do need better shell representation here.
Have you tried the Fiooooochi Fblacks Hamster shot them sunday and very very impressed indeed for the money will give you a few to try Sunday looking forward to picking up some Golden trap in the next few weeks. :spiteful:

Have you tried the Fiooooochi Fblacks Hamster shot them sunday and very very impressed indeed for the money will give you a few to try Sunday looking forward to picking up some Golden trap in the next few weeks. :spiteful:
Hi Shaun,

Yes I have shot a fair few of the FBlacks and like them a lot but they are so close to Superb money it made little sense changing.

T3 s are excellent, I use them for most of my sporting and particularly like the 8s.

My local gun shop N,J guns in Builth wells has stocked them for a while now, though they are expensive at £220 a thousand.

There are others as good out there, but not many as smooth to shoot as the T3s

Hi Shaun,

Yes I have shot a fair few of the FBlacks and like them a lot but they are so close to Superb money it made little sense changing.
Guess so but I feel I could prob source them for around the £185 mark! Superbs are a great shell but way to expensive for my liking, not sure who is the tightest wad between you or me :spiteful:    

Clever T2's are £188/k and are much smoother to shoot than Superbs or F/blacks

T2's are a bargain. They are smoother than anything else in 28g. and the quality is always consistent. £188 has to be cheap!

Both the 24g and 28g T3 8's are a great shells for OT and DTL.

Low recoil and with quality components there isn't much not to like about the T3. They have one of the more sensitive primers, so I have had not failure to fire with this shell in the 3 years I have shot them.

As an alternative the T2 Comp or Lite is a good shell as well. 

If you are recoil sensitive then the 24g load may well be the one to try.

The only problem here is getting hold of enough flats to last between shipments, especially for the 8's.

Remember that the Clever 8's = 7.5(UK).

I'm lucky, my 'home' practice ground is North Ayrshire, the UK importer for Clever Mirage. Tom Young the owner is a great guy to deal with, straight as they come, bought my DT11 from him, certainly didn't need to ask for a discount, he says "ask for best price" he was a country mile cheaper than anyone else about, his brother and buisness partner is a gun smith, made a great job of all the alterations to my DT11 to make it fit me, call a spade a spade, knows his stuff, was a top DTL shooter in his day and always keeps a few million shells at his place!!! Two weeks after I picked up my DT11, I was at North Ayrshire on a Wednesday night, two years ago (late night practice until 9pm every Wednesday at North Ayrshire, summer/winter lights and orange clays on one DTL and skeet range) Tom bumped into me round the sporting layout,

"how you getting on with the new gun?"

"Aye, fine...it's giving me a sore head"

"What cartridges are you shooting?"

"I picked up some of these... (won't name them so nobody gets all hurt when I call their brand crap)"

"No wonder you've got a sore head shooting those sh*ite shells!!! Why did you go spending all that money on a good gun to feed it crap like those? Give me one and I'll show you something..."

At this I was quite miffed as I'd paid £180/k for my shinny, high brass 'super shells', Tom cut the top off the shell I'd given him, poured out this dull, soft shot full of tear drop shaped pellets into my hand. "There you go, sh*te shot, (pulls out the wad) sh*te wad, they don't open up, gives you a really dense center and loose outer pattern, you'll not be wanting that for sporting are you? Cheap powder that recoils rough as hell too..."

He then pulls out a Clever Mirage T1, cuts it open, lovely uniform hard round shot, cut wads, goes on to explain that all the UK Clever shells are cut wads, tells me the story of 'why' they are all cut wads, he orders them all to be loaded with cut wads, more expensive powders, better shot, state of the art loading technology that allows massive production from minimal staff =reduced manufacturing costs...we must have spent two hours discussing cartridges!!! At the end of it Tom says, "try the T1 Supertargets, at £163/k they are better than most other manufactures £180/k+ shells"...and they are!!! T2's are smoother than anything else I've shot and a bargin at £188. T3's really crunch clays up, 8's 71/2's and even Italian 7's (UK 6.5's) I've been experementing with T2 Bior wad 8.5's (UK8's) for very close stuff, Tom ordered me in a 1000 to try, WOW they have a very large, even pattern!!! Shot a 25 DTL through 1/2 choke 24 first barrel breaks were all sledgehammers!!! (One miss...oops)

There are lots of good shells, very few 'poor' ones, they all break clays, some better than others, I find Clever the smoothest to shoot, preform faultlessly, they use only the best components and the price suits me...

I'm lucky, my 'home' practice ground is North Ayrshire, the UK importer for Clever Mirage. Tom Young the owner is a great guy to deal with, straight as they come, bought my DT11 from him, certainly didn't need to ask for a discount, he says "ask for best price" he was a country mile cheaper than anyone else about, his brother and buisness partner is a gun smith, made a great job of all the alterations to my DT11 to make it fit me, call a spade a spade, knows his stuff, was a top DTL shooter in his day and always keeps a few million shells at his place!!! Two weeks after I picked up my DT11, I was at North Ayrshire on a Wednesday night, two years ago (late night practice until 9pm every Wednesday at North Ayrshire, summer/winter lights and orange clays on one DTL and skeet range) Tom bumped into me round the sporting layout,

"how you getting on with the new gun?"

"Aye, fine...it's giving me a sore head"

"What cartridges are you shooting?"

"I picked up some of these... (won't name them so nobody gets all hurt when I call their brand crap)"

"No wonder you've got a sore head shooting those sh*ite shells!!! Why did you go spending all that money on a good gun to feed it crap like those? Give me one and I'll show you something..."

At this I was quite miffed as I'd paid £180/k for my shinny, high brass 'super shells', Tom cut the top off the shell I'd given him, poured out this dull, soft shot full of tear drop shaped pellets into my hand. "There you go, sh*te shot, (pulls out the wad) sh*te wad, they don't open up, gives you a really dense center and loose outer pattern, you'll not be wanting that for sporting are you? Cheap powder that recoils rough as hell too..."

He then pulls out a Clever Mirage T1, cuts it open, lovely uniform hard round shot, cut wads, goes on to explain that all the UK Clever shells are cut wads, tells me the story of 'why' they are all cut wads, he orders them all to be loaded with cut wads, more expensive powders, better shot, state of the art loading technology that allows massive production from minimal staff =reduced manufacturing costs...we must have spent two hours discussing cartridges!!! At the end of it Tom says, "try the T1 Supertargets, at £163/k they are better than most other manufactures £180/k+ shells"...and they are!!! T2's are smoother than anything else I've shot and a bargin at £188. T3's really crunch clays up, 8's 71/2's and even Italian 7's (UK 6.5's) I've been experementing with T2 Bior wad 8.5's (UK8's) for very close stuff, Tom ordered me in a 1000 to try, WOW they have a very large, even pattern!!! Shot a 25 DTL through 1/2 choke 24 first barrel breaks were all sledgehammers!!! (One miss...oops)

There are lots of good shells, very few 'poor' ones, they all break clays, some better than others, I find Clever the smoothest to shoot, preform faultlessly, they use only the best components and the price suits me...
Thanks James, looks like i've found my cartridge. I'll keep it a secret from my friend who used a different cartridge. I still have about 250 Gamebore velocity 28, but they be for when my brother in law has a go  :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back