PRESSCOTT FIRST REG 2/4/14

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radrac

Thought I would add a new reg ground to my cv today by taking in the first of the new registered fixtures at Presscott Shooting School in the Cotswolds.

Went round with Matt from Newbury and Hywel (an instructor from Presscott) who was reffing. After a disaster with my new skeet jacket that meant I couldn't find the dexterity to zip it up before shooting the first stand and dropped 4! I pulled myself together, and zipped myself up, finishing with 6 straights and an 83.

This shoot definitely has the potential to develop a loyal following. I would describe the targets as more Four Counties than Westfield with plenty above the eyeline in the wooded areas and a more technical than daunting feel to the targets...but then there is the DRIVEN PLATFORM! This could be a major attraction; at least as high as RBSS in my eyes (Mr Lovatt are my eyes deceiving me?) the targets are launched from a crane as you stand in a small valley...they looked miles up and I dropped 5!!  :fie: These are the kind of target you very very rarely see in a reg and I'll be going back to conquer it (after a few attempts maybe?).

The ground has a small shop, food and all the facilities you might need for a good day out...Fred (from Westfield/Weston Wood etc...) was reffing and provided a happy smile and welcome. If you are lucky to be able to get out and shoot a reg in the week you should definitely give it a try  :thumbsu:  .

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, had a go at this. Shot this with Nick T (and a couple of other chaps, sorry forgot your names).Only my 4th comp since I started shooting last year. Enjoyed it and will certainly try to get back there. The driven was beyond me but got my best score so far in comps (50), so pretty happy that the numbers are going in the right direction....

Last edited by a moderator:
Well shot Radrac. Thought that seemed like a PB for you, so checked your scores. F my old boots! 127 reg shoots so far his period! Cough, splutter.. Chris Childerhouse is 27 shoots behind you which I didn't think was possible. Good effort sir!

Well shot Radrac. Thought that seemed like a PB for you, so checked your scores. F my old boots! 127 reg shoots so far his period! Cough, splutter.. Chris Childerhouse is 27 shoots behind you which I didn't think was possible. Good effort sir!
PB 87 Will!!.....and a whole month left for more reg targets!!   :nyam:

Latest posts

Back