Release Triggers

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most certainly not.....or we will have to have words again..!

:fie:  Well don't squad me on fitasc sporting wih someone who uses one? :spiteful:

Not banned...

Have shot a FITASC sporting with a squad member using a release trigger, no problems at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What we must realise is that some people need them because of disability, if a release is the only way they can continue with the sport they love then i for one have no issues as one day it could be required by any one of us . They seem a bit dodgy to some people but perfectly safe in the hands of those that use them week in week out. I have shot on squads with one in use and didn't bother me in the slightest, as long as its not waived about but the same rule applies to all guns.

Saw someone use one on a driven shoot once because his regular gun was being serviced (mid-season - good planning!!)

He only peppered one dog that day, but that was ok apparently as pickers-up should not work around the guns during the drive. The dog was behind the line by the way, as was the handler who walked off soon after he told the gun his thoughts on the way to the vets.

He had three accidental discharges that day, but again, that was ok because nobody got hurt!!

Quite honestly the scariest thing I have ever seen at a shoot. I know the clay range is a more controlled environment but I'm afraid I agree with Shootinguru. "Should be sent to room 101"    :biggrin:

I have only one thing to say to those who are negative about Release Triggers.

I REALLY hope you or a good friend never end up in a position where you need to use one to continue the sport you are clearly passionate about. Having seen a very good friend and very good shot reduced to the point where he could not pull the trigger any longer and on the verge of giving up the sport (as he though there was no other option).

He very cautiously tried one and it has given him a new lease of life to enjoy clay shooting again and get back to the point where he can run BIG scores again and challenge for class wins and even over all titles.

Answer this honestly in your own mind...... You have to give a positive answer one way or the other (no i'm not sure's)!!

If you had a condition that meant you HAD to use a release trigger to continue shooting - would you? or would you give up and walk away as release triggers are bad?

Of course we should all remember that GUNS ARE NOT DANGEROUS - its the idiots behind them that need educating in some cases.

Saw someone use one on a driven shoot once because his regular gun was being serviced (mid-season - good planning!!)

He only peppered one dog that day, but that was ok apparently as pickers-up should not work around the guns during the drive. The dog was behind the line by the way, as was the handler who walked off soon after he told the gun his thoughts on the way to the vets.

He had three accidental discharges that day, but again, that was ok because nobody got hurt!!

Quite honestly the scariest thing I have ever seen at a shoot. I know the clay range is a more controlled environment but I'm afraid I agree with Shootinguru. "Should be sent to room 101"    :biggrin:
How can it be easier to accidentally discharge a release trigger over a conventional trigger?  Either way, you have to pull the trigger, and if it is pointing in the wrong direction when you do, the same thing happens.

Provided a release trigger gun is awarded the same regard to safety as a standard trigger, (only point it down range, and no where else) they are as safe as any other gun. I never had any bother or worries of any kind with mine, and to my knowledge no one ever ran away from shooting with me. And as a previous post states, it let me shoot for a couple of years longer before I had to hang up my gloves.

Phil*

How can it be easier to accidentally discharge a release trigger over a conventional trigger?  Either way, you have to pull the trigger, and if it is pointing in the wrong direction when you do, the same thing happens.
Quite simply Aris. When you want a conventional trigger to fire, you pull it. When using a release trigger you pull it, then wait utill you are ready to fire, holding pressure on the trigger to prevent it from firing. It's like holding a hand grenade with the pin out, and from that point onwards, you've got to throw it somewhere. Personally I don't touch my trigger until I want to fire because I know what happens when I do.

When you've seen what can happen, even to an experienced shot, I think you may change your mind. It sounds like you've not been around them much and seen what can go wrong yet? I hope you never do!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back