Handling pressure

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pambs

Hi guys

Do you recommend any articles or books that can help me handle pressure during competitions? I'm shooting trap for the past 6 months and over the last few weeks i been shooting above twenty. I participated only at one competition and i am now shooting at the grand prix

Yesterday i shot 19 at the first range with many minor mistakes that i corrected with second shots. Then 11 and 14. I generally shoot fast but i have that moment that i wait for the target to go. Looks like i cant control my shots and start very early. I am also a bit sick which i think contributes but i think that is a result of anxiety and pressure. So i was wondering apart from gaining experience at competitions what else can be done :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Looks like it was more the sickness cause today I had fever, couldn't move and was even worse than yesterday...

But if anyone can give some advice on the pressure aspect it would be good ;)

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

Renato Lamera's second book on olympic trap deals with the psychology well.

Have a read of mind vs target by Bob Palmer, it's really good to help you relax and enjoy your shooting.

Renato Lamera's second book on olympic trap deals with the psychology well.
I have the one called target in the sky. Is that the first or second?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have the one called target in the sky. Is that the first or second? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
That is the second and the one that 40up alludes too.

The other is "Shooting Passion" and has chapter one "Functions of the mind" I bookmarked it 8 times.

A Target in the Sky is better in it's translation and more of an "how to" guide for Olympic Trap.

Last edited by a moderator:
The other is "Shooting Passion" and has chapter one "Functions of the mind" I bookmarked it 8 times.

A Target in the Sky is better in it's translation and more of an "how to" guide for Olympic Trap.
Yes Fred, Target In The Sky is a very good book.

Back