Perazzi mxs

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bray184

I'm very tempted to head to Chris potter guns to pick one of these up but there seems to be no reviews on them yet I just like what I see.

did any of you that went to the British shooting show get a look at this gun?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

Yep, I had a good look at the show.

Honestly? Just in terms of holding it at the show, I preferred the balance of the MXS to the MX2000 - looked and felt very nice.

The only thing I wasn't so keen on was the MXS on the side of the action, but actually that looked better in the steel than pictures.

It didn't feel like a 'cheap' (which it isn't) budget model.

I actually ended up getting a Blaser F3, which I fell in love with at the show (and love) - but the MXS certainly looked a viable bit of kit.

Pete

I would love to own a MX2000 or something but personally I wouldn't shoot the MXS if it were free. Not only do I find the decals gaudy, I wouldn't be seen dead with the cheapest version of anything. Peteri is almost certainly right in that it doesn't feel cheap or look budget but it stands out too much and not for the right reasons.

Whatever it costs new you can get a barely used white collar Perazzi  :)   :D  .

Yes, weird to make the signature of the lowest model the most prominent of all. Just leave it really plain and tasteful. About as loved as the blue stripes on a DT11.

I had a brief look at an MXS at Chris Potters and it's a nice gun but I prefer my cheap old CG at half the price. Let's face it you are are paying about £4k for the name alone. When you have a consumer base who wouldn't be seen dead buying the cheapest of anything that's twice the price of the competition then you're marketing and PR is doing wonders for your bottom line.

If someone comes along and hits 100/100 day in and day out using an MXS I'm sure the badge buyers will rapidly follow suit.

Seen the same in golf, flying and sailing, to people with real talent the equipment is barely relevant.

I like it. Would love the letters to be in 3 colours so it looks even more funky than it does now.

P.s I was not sure ages ago when it came out but it has now grown on me.

The feel and balance are as good as a MX2000 but with MXS so large on the side I am not sure? 

I think the black action one is nice enough looking, not so keen on the silver action with black forend iron though.  But if I had the money I would definitely consider the black actioned one!

The point is there is a reason why the Bentley Continental V6 doesn't have 

V6 GT MultiValve Injection

plastered across the bottom half of the doors.

There is nothing wrong in lowering the costs to broaden your customer base, just don't rub it in their face.

It is a bit odd that Perazzi want to have that logo engraved so heavily and large on the side of the action, most of the iconic guns from Perazzi have had the model name in almost insignificant font and never that heavily engraved... so much so that unless you know the signs it would be very difficult to tell it was a Perazzi never mind the model. Is this a trend for future guns MX8 heavily stamped on the side of the action for example. What I will say is I do not particularly like the way the MXS is turned out it is just too loud and begs the question will it give rise to the comment " yes its one of those base model Perazzi's " and it is not that cheap really!

I'm all for change, and personally favour a modern/pattern engraved gun to a game scene - but I still hate the font (Eurostile Sans) that they used for the MXS bit... that just grates on my because I am a font snob. 

Matt

The point is there is a reason why the Bentley Continental V6 doesn't have

V6 GT MultiValve Injection

plastered across the bottom half of the doors.

There is nothing wrong in lowering the costs to broaden your customer base, just don't rub it in their face.
But a mustang/corvette/Porsche GT3 RS does...... They are aiming at a younger American market not an old brittish one

Last edited by a moderator:
Hdav; the point is, the Bentley mentioned above is the base model. They don't draw attention to it; but instead leave it unbadged and possibly the top one to onlookers.

The base mustang has mustang all down the doors..... Prominent branding is just that and I would think more about the target market than the range hierarchy

The base mustang has mustang all down the doors..... Prominent branding is just that and I would think more about the target market than the range hierarchy
Yes.. But let's face it.. Mustang owners aren't exactly the quiet subtle types are they.. :)

If you are talking classic Marques - not sure that Mustang is an aspiration.  

I think it is quite clever marketing; i.e Perazzi deliberately targetting a new market segment. Not only is the gun cheaper than their other  established models it is also more 'bling' for a reason.

The old fashioned customers (like me!) will stick to the plain model, but those that  think a plain black (or nickel) model looks cheap will have something new to consider. 

If it handles anything like the other models they will sell quite a few.

Latest posts

Back