1 / 2 March....what are those of us who didn't go to Dubai doing?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaykaysea

Well if you aren't doing Day 1 of the Dubai shoot what are you doing?

I can't believe it is March already, not long till the competition season starts, I am hoping my recent improvements continue and that I don't peak too soon...

No mid-week shooting for me....Oh except an hour with the very interesting Syren (most of you know I haven't been shooting long so to be asked to have a go was a real treat, thanks Don and CG, and very thought provoking to try and put into words how it performed) so I am dying to get back out on the range and dust some clays.

Thinking of Oakedge first (been once, got a PB, high expectations!) and the Longridge (never been, heard a lot about the bank and Steve Nutbeam, high expectations...this time of the ground not me!)

Bit dependent on the weather...hoping it is going to be ok, not quite hot and sunny but just not torrential would be good.

What's everyone else planning and let us know how you get on too...

Jkc xx

If I can get away from Thomas land at a reasonable time  I may get to longridge, had a lesson there Wednesday and I would say the targets are testing, great challenge. Oakedge is also an option as they are both only an hour from me. Hope to see you around jaykaysee.

Hickstead for me, going to take some sand, sun cream and a heat lamp!!

Plus one for Hickstead...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another for hickstead , weather is looking good , about time !!

Am bringing lunch tomorrow.... Just finding recipes for pork pie thermidor

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Coleys this am, (cobwebs off before Longridge Sunday) bright sun blue skies, shame it was only about 8 degrees!

Jaykaysea,

Oakedge probably, with Growl & Simon Deaville.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I went to Cart Ridge which is just into Cornwall on the A38 through Saltash and Landrake then turn left a mile after Landrake, half a mile down the lane and its on the right.  Philip and I thought we have a little shoot together but when we arrived the world and his wife were there for an inter-estate-shoot open shoot.

Shame we had to leave early and miss the last stand as I was on 47 after 9 stands of 10 so broke the 50 mark on average for the first time.  We will be going there again.  They don't do registered shoots but are of that standard with 3 or 4 fire engine turntable ladders acting as high towers.  On one of these high towers I thought that they were firing a driven mini or midi at us but it turned out to be a standard clay.  Looked like a tiny little button up there at 200 feet plus.  Cost was £32 for 100 birds.  They have a gunshop and do food and drink with a good sized clubhouse and also picnic tables outside in the yard.

We also heard good reports about Lower Lake near Liskeard which gets going for the summer from April onwards with competitions on Wednesday afternoons.

Last edited by a moderator:
How did you get on?
I hit some! Can't say much more than that as we were a gun short, someone else had mine and I had a borrowed Silver Pigeon. I also found that I hit them when my hold point was very, very high. The instinctive style was very interesting. I'm so used to planning how to shoot a bird and then doing the same thing over and over, or making careful adjustments, that if anything I suffered from over-thinking. It was much easier than DTL though.

It's not supposed to be easier than DTL Liz!! But saying that I have been telling that northerner it's pull and shoot straight at it!!

Latest posts

Back