World sporting

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Lovatt

I see the extra two days on the worlds have around another 160ish shooters booked in and I am led to believe now there are some jumping ship from say to thurs , as far as I'm concerned this is totally an unfair competition now . The beauty of the world it's the same for everyone on the same day , so bang goes that theory and having been in the sporting world now for ten years and probably setting up more reg shoots than any one else I can tell you all that its easier to build a score with 80 people on a course at once rather than 360 , lets watch and see but my money will be on a top score coming from the thurs Friday rather than sat sun !!!!!!!!

Oh stop it Stevie babe. All this negativity is not good for your Dubai preparation. And you must remember the helpful tips Ed and I gave you in the car park at RBSS about focus etc.

We have got the message from other things you have posted......that you are hurt... that this time it has gone to someone else (after you did a good job the time before).

But that is life. Afraid we have to live with it. I am sure they will do a good job.

Some of the things that normally make it not a level playing field (in my humble opinion) is rain or wind on some days and not on others. If the job was being done like a real Fitasc worlds it would be over 4 days...,.50 birds a day. plus i would have plenty of side games and lots of trade stands for the shooters to play on.....oh and a couple of mobile restaurants with bars......so that shooters can enjoy a much bigger event. Mind you even with you all shooting 50 on the same day....weather can change from morning to night.

If you wanted to do a World Championships in one day, I like that idea also......but you should then have qualification rounds during the week (or weeks before) to get a top 100 who continue to shoot the actual World Championship Final.

morning nicola , you are spot on with 50 a day over 4 days with other side events going on to , that is the point i am trying to make if we have an increased number of participants now which this year looks brilliant for interest to our home majors then this needs addressing by the powers that be .

i am sure now it will be a great event even if its on the ground where we shot the classic , i just hope its dry and sunny as i have a full week of shooting planned 

as for my focus i found it back on the m4 coming home friday night , then shot a 96 at barbury , shooting west london weds ( which is always a good fitasc ) then off to the sun to create some white bits 

Go and enjoy Dubai and forget this rubbish until you get back. :wink:

Latest posts

Back