Miroku mk38 grade 5

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom b

I'm fairly new to clay shooting and Being inexperienced and impatient one of the first things I did when receiving my cert was to go straight out and buy a gun. It didn't take long for me to realise that this move was a mistake I ended up with a gun that was to short and to low in the Combe. Whilst shooting with some friends last weekend and trying out a few Brownings and mirokus it made me realise what was so out of place with my beretta.

So whilst out and about today I popped into countrywide in Melksham. Whilst nosing around the gun shop I noticed a lovely Miroku mk38 grade 5, after speaking to the woman in the shop and shouldering the gun I was back in the car on my way home to pick up my beretta to trade it in. Having bought the 692 second hand and only paying £2000 for it I was happy with a straight swap for the Miroku. I know if I tried to sell the gun privately and held out I would have got a better deal but I was happy not to have to deal with trying to sell it.

The Miroku is only 6 months old and in as new condition and was the gun shop owners own personal gun. The two guns couldn't be much more different the quality of the Miroku surpasses the beretta massively in my eyes.

I love my MK38....

Very different to a Beretta though so make sure you spend a bit of time checking out where it shoots, I really struggled with rabbits and teal to start with after my change over....very different pictures...

The MK38 and even the 3800 have stood the test of time. Good solid workhorse, both at home with Trap and Sporting and always has a good re sale value if looked after. Give yourself at least 6 months with the gun to see how it beds in to your style.

Get used to shooting it with the tight choke pattern like Jaykay does if you can. You'll know where you are then.

Good luck with it.

Bought one about 5 months ago,cracking gun use it all the time now,the 682 gold e has only been out the cabinet once since buying this gun.

As above give yourself  plenty of time to settle in with it.

started with a 3800 and had mk 38's in gd1 and gd5.brilliant guns they have won so many disciplines throughout the decades!!! you wont go wrong with a mirook

I've had several MK38's and also several 3800's. They are great guns and I still have a grd3 3800 that I bought brand new back in 1991, it has NEVER failed in any way, yes I've had it service regularly and it had a trigger job done on it just after I got it. You can't go wrong with a Miroku!

Best gun in the world for the money straight out of the quality cardboard box. End of. Tweak it with -Browning main springs - green pad and 725 forend. Sorted. Well that's my opinion for what it's worth

I would have to agree with many. 

Definately the best value for money clayshooting gun available. 

Puzzles me why they have never increased in price to be comparable with  the other competitors?

What's involved with trigger job on a miroku? (Also posted on other thread)
A job best left to someone who knows what they are doing!!! Take too much off and its knackered.  best model in my mind late gd5 trap long forend and palmswell adjustable comb 32" teagued. better handling than a factory choked sporter. but perhaps i'm old fashioned (modified trap gun)........

WHY ???? what is wrong with the trigger ?

Do Miroku main springs not work either ???

Do you REALLY need to change the forend wood on a Gd. 5 ?

Shoot the gun for at least 6 months, you do not say which discipline/s that you shoot, but resist the too tight a choke advice, for now. Having shot the gun and perfected some consistant gun mount, perhaps have a look at fine tuning the fit, IF you intend to keep it. (Good job you did not rush out and have the 692 fitted!). Then you can start messing with tighter chokes (if you feel the need). Get used to shooting the gun BEFORE you consider splashing any more money out, then if you decide to part with it, you hopefully will not have lost too much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a few badly taken and blurry pictures of the new acquisition, including the free case I got with the swap.

post-2428-0-87772500-1393534725.jpg

post-2428-0-17979800-1393534750.jpg

post-2428-0-99044600-1393534775.jpg

post-2428-0-95522700-1393534802.jpg

post-2428-0-99284200-1393534827.jpg

post-2428-0-10020600-1393534868.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg