15 / 16 Feb - what has everyone got planned this weekend?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaykaysea

Well now you have all just spent Friday being nice to your other halves the real serious business of the weekend begins....shooting time....

I spent a couple of days shooting last week (Valentine present to self...only way I was going to get one!) Wednesday a very wet and windy day at Podimore for a session with Chris P...I do seriously think I could shoot in absolutely atrocious conditions now without too much trouble...I can shoot with rain running down my face, look through water splattered glasses and with the wind blowing my gun...and the clays....wherever it wanted...but thank you weather gods my bad weather training is now complete and would like to return to my usual shooting attire of less clothes!!! But great session with Chris even if I did fall over in a very muddy field...

Then Thursday morning at Roundwood where I shot like a demon and hardly missed a thing, followed by the OLSS Reg on Thursday where I did ok but think I may have started to get a bit tired and tried just a bit too hard so tightened up and didn't do too well (compared to my expectations!), So great to see lots of lovely people...am planning at little something at OLSS soon....just trying to get a date sorted...watch out for more detail soon...I will be looking to all my favourites for some support

What is everyone up to this weekend? Forecast looking good for Sunday....it is would be so nice if it could actually be half decent....please pretty please....

Forgot to say not decided what to do tomorrow yet....quite fancying Garlands, only shot there once before....or Weston Wood or Oakedge or Four Counties or Longridge....decisions decisions...where is everyone else off to? And where you going to be Mr Lovatt? Do you go to the ground with the best weather forecast....Ha ha....

Tomorrow I'm going to make the most of the better weather and I'll probably shoot Four Counties and Weston Wood.
Still blowing a gale today so shall hide indoors and pretend to be domesticated

Tomorrow I'm going to make the most of the better weather and I'll probably shoot Four Counties and Weston Wood.

Still blowing a gale today so shall hide indoors and pretend to be domesticated
Don't forget to approach four counties from junction 13 on M4 if that is your route due to flooding at junction 14. Might see you there not decided yet.

Forgot to say not decided what to do tomorrow yet....quite fancying Garlands, only shot there once before....or Weston Wood or Oakedge or Four Counties or Longridge....decisions decisions...where is everyone else off to? And where you going to be Mr Lovatt? Do you go to the ground with the best weather forecast....Ha ha....
Sodding hell Jay! What time do you set off from IOW to get to Garlands?

Two hours is my limit to drive to a shoot.

DT

Sodding hell Jay! What time do you set off from IOW to get to Garlands?

Two hours is my limit to drive to a shoot.... that's is only for OT as there is nothing nearer!

DT
Ooopppps... Meant to edit previous post, not repost.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe but blimey you must cover some miles! Company car and petrol/diesel perchance?
Company car but pay for my own petrol....I do love my shooting so just grateful I can do it....

Up to Scotland today. Down to Wakefield tonight. Sportrap at NCTC Sunday.
Now Jem and Lorraine...they do some travelling...think sometimes they even fly to shoots....

Off out for some practice in the wind at Willow Farm again this morning.  Shot the sunday morning open comp for the first time there last week so I'll find out how I did.

Saturday at indoors watching the driving rain and hail and admiring the way the trees are being thrashed around, almost therapeutic!

Going to clean the gun as didn't do well enough (boresnake wipe) after Thursday, Sunday busy am but should get to Longridge for 2, thankfully the place is open longer than most so us busy types can get kids sorted am then play pm!

Like you Rich, bad weather in the Hollow this morning. Just tried to put the pensioners fence back up of sorts. Lots of damage to stuff up here. Gonna take a punt at Longridge tomorrow, but like you not early. If wind is still like this though, may take a Sunday off.

The weather was bad in the south and Solent last night, hope all is ok on the Isle of Wight Jen?

Bad wind last night down here!  Only one fence panel down - I'll need to call my man.

(and I should stop eating beans before bed...)

Tidal surges caused problems overnight and expected again at next high tide, fortunately wind due to drop so ferries should be ok for me to escape and get my weekend fix...!!

FITASC Sporting for me at Southdown - the cancelled today because of high wind.... but tomorrow is still on, looking forward to getting back on the horse after a horrific Thursday result. 

Found out I won the ladies class, even though I didn't put in that great a score.  Wind made this morning entertaining.

Southdown fitasc for me hopefully weather better than yesterday . If anyone sees a barbeque cover flying around south bucks can they pm me ! ;)

Back