hull superfast

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ips

Following on from my other thread whats the general opinion on these. Looked at an old thread on them and seemed to have conflicting opinions.

I really liked them when they came out. A good, fast affordable shell. However I stopped buying them when the price jumped up in comparison to other shells. They stopped being such good value. In addition, my husband found them really thumpy which is a bit odd as I didn't. I assume they were thumpy through his gun?

Its very strange how cartridges perform through different guns and how people percieve recoil differently. You would think they would be the same but there not. My local dealer has them at 157 which is very good, IF they are suitable for me as in good kills little recoil.

Hi,

As one of a group of 6 OAP's that shoot sporting together (we need the support of each other to get through the mud !) I can say that we all use the Hull Superfast to rather good effect. I personally have used several thousand through my back bored Miroku trap gun without any problems at all and without any noticeable recoil. Certainly far less recoil to the Eley Olympics that I tried. We have been paying £157/1000 I suspect from the same source. As we both live in Lancs., we can not be too far apart, if you wish to try the Hull before purchase, PM me and I will gladly supply you with 100.

Just had an additional thought, 2 of our group use Semi Auto's so if you were thinking of getting a 'proper' gun the Superfast will cycle as well as Mr Wiggins.

Ha. Cheers but auto no no no :)

you shoot worsley i presume. I shoot ut there from time to time when nothing else on.

Swore by them when they first came out good price and good performance as far as I could see shot about 5000  whether it was just me or the shells had been altered they seemed to become inconsistent and really noticed it when using a slab of ely superbs up  not bought any since :fie:

Used to go to Worsley a lot, until they upped their prices. I and a lot of others now go to Catton Hall, Frodsham. We also go to Webton on a Sunday morning. I have never really been a cartridge freak, just shooting whatever is cheapest at the time ( with the exception of Eley). I have tried Cheddite, Fiochi and Express, but hand on heart, I can not say I notice any difference or scores improvement. As long as I keep hitting over 80% I am happy. Offer still there if you wish to try the Hull, I still have 750 in stock. W.

Used them until they went up to over £180 a thousand! Down here were £150 to begin with We're gd carts hit hard and dident have much recoil.

You are looking at the right cartridges I presume ? I have just been quoted £182 for the 29 gram 6 shot Fibre wad Pigeon Superfast cartridges.

Super fast plastic 27g 7.5 for 157 at macavoys

Just make sure you phone McEvoys before going to check availability, I got the last 1000 last time I was there, which was about 4 weeks ago. £157 plaswads correct though.

I tried a few boxes of these and assumed Superfast + cheap = thumpy....but I confess I was quite surprised and found them to be a decent shell to use. Only reason I didn't stick with them was I was losing a gram of shot and I need all the help I can get....

Thanks everyone will try a slab and report back.

Ps thanks for the kind offer wesley but there only a couple of miles from me so no problem to call.

Just bought a thousand of the Superfast 27g in Fibre. Hoping to get out at the weekend and try them in my s-auto. Will report back with results.

Use these quite a bit!

Good for the money! £166.50 per 1000

Seem to hit stuff well if you put it in the right place!

Latest posts

Back