Ceasar Guerini - Opinions

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonSkeet2

Hi All,I currently shoot a semi auto and have been saving for a Kriegoff K80 Pro-Rib but tried a gun today that really impressed me and thinking of reconsidering.I don't really know much about CG as they have never come up on my radar previously, what's the reliability like? what's the warranty? forgot to ask as was too busy playing with it ;) What are the residuals like?In terms of use it will be used mainly for English SkeetDoublesNSSA, English Sporting and Sportrap but will give me the opportunity to start trying the trap disciplines. In terms of usage it's likely to get 14-16000 shells through it a year.The gun i'm looking at is a 32" Maxum Impact Sporting with high rib which I love, it still feels light compared to the K80 but easy enough at add weight to. I have been shooting a mates 32" K80 Pro Rib occasionally and it works well for me, I liked the clip in barrel weights on the CG. It shot very smoothly, It came up well and once the CG guy had adjusted the comb etc for me I started smashing clays to bits.It's so similar to the K80 but about £6000 cheaper! The way i'm looking at it is that's nearly the end of the competitive season and probably a good time to change guns to get used to a new gun, getting it fitted and going back to an OU and I won't miss picking up my empties :)This is it:http://www.gueriniguns.co.uk/s....._large.jpgCheers,Jon.

hi Jon, I worked in a Guerini dealers for a while and I know a wee bit about them enough to have had one myself which I regret selling but my Father has a Maxum Sporter which he's had about 3 years now and last month he bought my son a Maxum Sporter 30" when he turned 16 for his first certificate, Guerini's as far I can remember have a 10 year warranty to the original owner, they are superbly made and they do shoot very well -- If I could get my mate High RIb on he can tell you more about the high rib as he's got the new model that came out last summer with the adjustable rib, he also has a K80 and I know he'll tell me he'd prefer the Guerini every day of the week, Guerini were originally built in the Fabarm factory to get them into business until they got going, I would have no hesitation recommending any Guerini model to you as they all very well made with a superb attention to detail, I owned a very rare Flyway model that I wish I'd never sold - it's the first gun I've traded in in 10 years and wish I'd never did it, they come cased with tools if needed and the Maxum Ian just got came with 8 chokes as standard, and 2 gun socks.
17082011327.jpg
17082011329.jpg
Nige

That is a loverly looking gun Nige, I like the look of the side plates!!

Why not just buy a Fabarm like these http://www.fabarm.com/en/home-.....oducts.htm and save some money.Will either of these guns stand up to quite heavy use? You get what you pay for and a sporting gun is not really suitable for trap.A DT10 with an adjustable comb is a much better gun.

I don't get your point Mike - you suggest a Fabarm instead of a Guerini to save money but then you say a DT10 is a much better gun but it's a least twice the price !? what's wrong with a Guerini trap gun for Jon with an adjustable comb ? it comes with a 10 year guarantee like a Beretta and it's a lot less money, guns choice is a personal thing I'd say we all agree on that, having worked in the gun trade for years I would personally steer away from a DT10 - for most people who try them they either can shoot them or they can't - I've known many to buy them and change them in 3,4,5 months as they just can't get on with them, in my opinion a 682 Gold E would be a much better buy than a 10 at the same money as a good Guerini. Nige

I always like the look of the CG's - engraving looks lovely, and every one of them I've held has felt really nice, good balance and nice styling.

Nigel,Who in the winners circle shoots either a Fabarm or Guerini? I'm not being funny but you do get what you pay for. Jon was going to buy a Krieghoff, a good gun but personally I think that even though they are "nice" to shoot, brand new they are overpriced.682's are a decent gun but so is a Miroku and financially a much better buy. Jon shoots competitively so therefore needs a reliable gun, which gun will last longer?Whatever he buys, after shooting a semi recoil might come into the equation as he shoots regularly every week, this factor is unknown yet.Re; DT10's winners shoot them and they are up there amongst the medal winners and there are nearly new one's on the dealers shelves for good money. Which is better value in the long term Fabarm/Guerini/Beretta/Miroku and which one will Jon shoot best?

Thanks for the input guys,Firstly to clarify it's the sporter I'm looking at not the trap version.The Kriegoff is still ultimately the gun I'm going to buy, but am looking st the CG as a possible stopgap on my journey there to get used to shooting an OU again. The CG is only the second OU I have found that I get on with apart from the K80 having tried Browning, Beretta, Miroku, Bettinsoli.Having read a lot more about the CG the concern now is reliability due to the volume I'm shooting (Around 16-18k this year) the consensus seems to be that they are fine for light to moderate use it's probably not going to stand up to the amount of use it's likely to get long term. I have no concerns with the K80 as I know several people that have had them for a few years and shoot far more than I do.Recoil is a good point too, the AL391 Urika Teknys is soft as anything 1 due to the auto factor and 2 it has a dead mule in the stock, the CG has the DTS (optional) system which is similar but I still find it a bit light compared to the K80.So I'm in a dilemma now and will most likely carry on with the 391'a for another season and keep saving for the K80 Pro-Rib.Cheers,Jon.

Jon,I too have a Teknys Gold Sporter and I recently bought a DT1O Sporter. I know that you get fed up of picking empties up, so do I but the thing is although the fit of my DT10 is perfect and theoretically it's a "better" gun than the auto, I do shoot better scores with the auto though, they are so easy to shoot.What happens if you do the same with the Krieghoff?In the end recoil is cumulative and I do not like it, the only cartridges that I enjoy shooting through any O/U shotgun are 21gm Hull, anything else without a reactor pad just gives me aches and pains.

In my view as good as the CG Impact undoubtedly is (would like one myself), it is too dear as a stop gap gun! The stop gap you could consider Jon is a Beretta 682X with 32" tubes :cool: :D , oh yes. These are ROBUST, as heavy as a K80 and have a high rib you appear to be after and are multi choked :D . There is one close to me for £850 :D , and I chastise myself on a daily basis for not buying it for the sake of it. If you put a Fabarm, CG, Miroku and a 682X in a torture jig and fired them 500 times a day to test their durability :D , the smart money would be on the latter.I have always defended the Miroku/Brownings as mega value for money winners despite being a Beretta man but you will NOT lose money on the 682X after you`ve had your play.
2vvvp-682X.jpg

guys if you want an O/O that will out perform any of the above mentioned guns apart from a K80 and that has the least recoil of all O/U shotguns buy a Blaser f3 ! simples same quality as a K and better triggers almost as good as a Perazzi - and you'll buy an excellent f3 or Luxus for around £2000 - I've had 3 - although I've only one now and it's a brilliant gun in anyway you care to mention.Nigel

Funny you should mention Blaser, you are the second person this week to put them on my radar :)I will look into the Beretta option as well but yes, the high rib is what i'm after :)I had this sent by a friend and looks the business but have never tried one http://www.mullinerguns.co.uk/_2734.htmCheers,Jon.

Nigel has had three Blasers, I've had two a Mk1 and a Mk2, they are good guns, handle well and are well made but.....they are not value for money.Over the years I have used Beretta's and Miroku's and if you keep them, lets say for five years, when you go for a trade in you are given a decent trade in value.Try and trade a Blaser in and see what you are offered, not a lot. Jon you must try a few different makes, but the best value for money, high rib gun out there must be the old 682X Beretta as Hamster mentioned.Will this high rib syndrome be popular in five years, who knows, I think it's all down to manufacturers trying to sell guns. If a certain G Digweed uses a gun with a flat rib, who's right and who's wrong?

If it's any help...I love my Summit. I orginally bought it to try out 32" barrels and David Izzards recoil thingy. Loved it so much I sold my DT10. The only real thing I miss are the trigger pulls although the Summit is going to the smiths shortly to have them worked on. Mine is one of the older ones, about two years old. I tried a new one the other day and the balance is more forward now, plus there is a palm swell on the grip and a pip halfway down the barrels. Still shot nice, though but I prefer the feel of mine. Never had any issues despite my poor maintenance regime!Mark

Mike I don't understand why you said "Nigel has had three Blaser's" didn't I already say that ?? How can you say Blaser's are not good value for money and then say "Try and trade a Blaser in and see what you are offered" ? if someone is tryin to sell a Blaser and you want one that's the time to deal and get one worth the money ! I traded in a Luxus in back in June for £2300 that hadn't 750 shells through it, I did OK out of that deal as I bought it when I worked in the trade, so how can someone buying a Luxus for £2300 not a good value purchase ? If I wanted a good value for money Blaser it's only a matter of looking until I'd find one, try gun trader etc . Blaser's are as well If not better build than a K gun and are a 1/4 of the price. I would agree with you that the old 682 black actions are still a great buy - they are basically bullit proof for around a grand for a good one.Nige

Nigel,What about the poor shooter who's trying to negotiate the most money for his Blaser? Guntrader has plenty of Mk1's but nobody wants them and Mk3's are selling new for £4600, used for less the v.a.t plus the dealers mark up. My biggest worry about Blaser's and I nearly bought a Mk3 instead of the DT, is the backup of the wholesaler, there have been two already, how long will the third one last?Most gunsmiths can repair most guns, how many service Blasers?I had a service done on mine, just before I sold it,it was a Mk2 action and I expected all the upgrades including the barrel selector etc; but when it came back it still had some old parts fitted. Cost £200.00I asked where were all the upgrades, the answer was Blaser are trying to keep costs down, no never again.Nice gun crap service.You have one of the best clay guns ever made with your Perazzi, I really hope you enjoy shooting it as you really cannot buy better. :D

I am being polite here Nicola, a service is given when parts need replacing on a regular basis. Krieghoff and Blaser are expected to be serviced every 12 month's.It must be a German idea. :D I take it that your main gun is of Japanese origin?

Back