Westfield 9th feb

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally did it!!! I managed 50/100 at Westfield. So happy. Now I have to consistently get that and more. I really enjoyed today and thank you to all refs for the job they do but particular thanks to those regular ones, you all know who you are who spur me on and boost my confidence, it really helps. Xx. thank you also to Allison for lending me the hand warmer, it was lovely. I gave it back to the young lady on the desk.

I finally did it!!! I managed 50/100 at Westfield. So happy. Now I have to consistently get that and more. I really enjoyed today and thank you to all refs for the job they do but particular thanks to those regular ones, you all know who you are who spur me on and boost my confidence, it really helps. Xx. thank you also to Allison for lending me the hand warmer, it was lovely. I gave it back to the young lady on the desk.
So pleased for you Sian.....really well done....tough course and horrid conditions....sure now you have done it once you will do it again and again....xx

Whoop whoop...!!

well done sian it was dffo harder today with the wind blowing i wound the springs on to combat wind effect 

First time i have ever shot Westfield was today and i loved it. Great targets, tough conditions but all hit-able!! Shame i made a mess of Stand 12 or 13, the one with the pair off the crane but that's why we all keep going back isn't it :)

Da iawn Sian keep it up  :thumbsu:

First time i have ever shot Westfield was today and i loved it. Great targets, tough conditions but all hit-able!! Shame i made a mess of Stand 12 or 13, the one with the pair off the crane but that's why we all keep going back isn't it :)
Hi Mike - Having looked at the scores you shot well comfortably topping your class, well shot :hunter:

that was a very good score for a C class shooter, well done

Thanks but i am not sure about the CPSA classification system. I haven't shot a registered event for over two years but i have been shooting competitions at club level and obviously been improving. Now i have decided to start shooting registered comps again so i don't think i'll be in C after 31st May :)

Thanks but i am not sure about the CPSA classification system. I haven't shot a registered event for over two years but i have been shooting competitions at club level and obviously been improving. Now i have decided to start shooting registe :hunter:  red comps again so i don't think i'll be in C after 31st May :)
Good shooting Mike and keep it up, don't worry to much about the classifications - I would recommend you book into some of the bigger shoots like the Essex Masters, on today's form I would back you, no pressure though

Good shooting Mike and keep it up, don't worry to much about the classifications - I would recommend you book into some of the bigger shoots like the Essex Masters, on today's form I would back you, no pressure though
I have booked in to the Essex Master and the Worlds as both are before the 31st May :)

very good score..84 yesterday Mike ......can't help feeling that 2 + years of shooting and improving at club level and then entering reg shoots at a level you were at the said 2+years ago ie 64.5%........is stretching the class system tolerances just a bit, and although it may fall in with the rules currently ? it is not , how shall I put it ...the done thing ! !

tin hat and body armour being got into right now :fie:    

very good score..84 yesterday Mike ......can't help feeling that 2 + years of shooting and improving at club level and then entering reg shoots at a level you were at the said 2+years ago ie 64.5%........is stretching the class system tolerances just a bit, and although it may fall in with the rules currently ? it is not , how shall I put it ...the done thing ! !

tin hat and body armour being got into right now :fie:    
I knew some people wouldn't like it but i have done nothing wrong or against the rules! I do have genuine reasons for not entering registered shoots over the last two years. Being demorilised at the county Championships at Longridge 2 years ago when i shot a 50 and realising that i was out of my league and not ready for those type of targets. I also couldn't afford to shoot many registered shoots so thought it would be better to shoot cheaper club shoots more often and get better that way.

The CPSA shouldn't make registered shoots so damn expensive either as cost was and is always an issue too :)

I shoot two club shoots which are at the difficult end of club shoots and these are only £22 for a 100 but you cant win anything except for being top of the spreadsheets when they are emailed out. It's like birds only at registered shoots but that costs £32+. To me on a tight budget it's a no brainer!

Although we have not shot together Clynt we have met several times last year at SWSG friday shoots. I have also just had my gun completely refitted by John Jeffries who did Becky's gun, after is was incorrectly fitted by someone else. This has made a big difference after years of shooting guns that haven't fitted or suited me whatsoever. As you may remember i am not your average size so standard off the shelf doesn't fit my like it does other people.

The reason that i have just started shooting registered events again is because i have gone as far as i can at club level and i am being encourage by others to try to get to the next level, but to to this i need to shoot registered shoots. With the CPSA class system it is my understanding that it is changed after 31st May so that it isn't long.

You are a fantastic shot and where i aspire to get to but please don't judge me as my reason are genuine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew some people wouldn't like it but i have done nothing wrong or against the rules! I do have genuine reasons for not entering registered shoots over the last two years. Being demorilised at the county Championships at Longridge 2 years ago when i shot a 50 and realising that i was out of my league and not ready for those type of targets. I also could afford to shoot many registered shoots so thought it would be better to shoot cheaper club shoots more often and get better that way.

The CPSA shouldn't make registered shoots so damn expensive either as cost was and is always an issue too :)

I shoot two club shoots which are at the difficult end of club shoots and these are only £22 for a 100 but you cant win anything except for being top of the spreadsheets when they are emailed out. It's like birds only at registered shoots but that costs £32+. To me on a tight budget it's a no brainer!
The system is what the system is...you can't help that!

You have 3 and half months left before A/AA...it will go really quickly I bet!

Certainly is a loophole though. I would like to see anyone without an average in the current 12 month classification period become un-classified and have to shoot another 300 reg targets etcetera to become classified again...

On the subject of cost, as is regularly pointed out, the CPSA has little to do with the price of a reg, that is determined by the ground. £22 for a 100 bird comp sounds a little too good to be true! Here in Hampshire you generally expect to pay £30 for practice and I know places that are as much as £36/100 just for practice!! I'd like to see how the economics work for people only charging £22 because I know charging £30 is hardly a licence to print money!

Latest posts

Back