Who do you rely on for your shooting insurance?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobertBeard

Whilst I belong to the CPSA and am entitled to their insurance cover I regard my main insurance cover as supplied by the NSRA - National Small-bore Rifle Association - who provide not only third party liability/civil liability cover of £10m including acting as a coach but also legal expenses cover of £25k, personal accident cover of £12.5k, Shooting Equipment all risks cover of £5k which can be extended to £10k and medical expenses cover of £2.5k.

The CPSA is just launching a questionnaire to find out if members would like cover if your shotgun licence is revoked for any reason.

The current CPSA legal advice is limited to 15 minutes discussion with the Hon Solicitor which excludes her talking to the police on your behalf.  Frankly anyone should be able to get a free initial appointment with a solicitor and hopefully more like an hour than 15 minutes!

Are you happy with your cover and who is it with?

My insurance is,currently,with my CPSA Clubman membership which is due for renewal. Renewal is £41 and it of course includes a monthly comic (or nearly monthly).

I can't tell you if I am happy with it because I have never had to make use of it.

I can get similar cover for £30 from Country Cover (C3) but no comic.

Vic.

I know numerous people who have claimed against NSRA insurance for accidental damage to stocks that have been dropped or damaged in transit!  That is not covered by the CPSA insurance as far as I am aware.  Neither is there any legal expenses cover if your guns are taken away or your renewal is refused.

I'm with the CPSA so I rely on that like many others do. My guns are insured wih a speciast firm who cover jewellery and other valuable items......such as guns!

Liability cover kindly offered by CPSA I insure (or should I say ensure) that I don't lose them get them nicked drop them or damage them. Never had a claim in 28 yrs as never lost one had one nicked or dropped one.

The CPSA for me - a life member for what it's worth.

Phil* :crazy:   :crazy:   :crazy:   :crazy:

Mine is through the NRA...through a broker who covers me through Loyds...US$3m coverage as an instructor for US$300.00 per year.

Latest posts

Back