West London Premier League. 27.2.16

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well shot! I was with a b class mate who hit 42. 
Ouch. But then I havent totalled my scorecard. Took a photo of it but its all blurred. Ahhh 55, dissappointing but a good day out.

EJ Churchill next. Think I might go try their challenge before then to get a feel for their targets! :)  Need all the help I can get.

Ouch. But then I havent totalled my scorecard. Took a photo of it but its all blurred. Ahhh 55, dissappointing but a good day out.

EJ Churchill next. Think I might go try their challenge before then to get a feel for their targets! :)  Need all the help I can get.
The EJC one will be over in the estate, so very different affair.

The highlight of my day was the free hat. Let's leave it at that!

Oh and meeting Sian and Tony of Shootclay fame. 

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks Will I even got a straight today ? 8/8
Well done! I never managed that. Hit 6/6 on the tower and several one-aways. Near glory moment on stand 9, the long battues. Hit first three pairs, (it went quiet behind me, because most weren't getting near this) then the ref early-buttoned the last target. I missed it and got it again, but head was gone now.. 7/8.

Which one did you straight?

I bloody hate being Mystic Meg. Massive over correction today. It would have been almost OK if you were cold-proof and loved waiting around for 4 hours. I got crushed today, but let about ten go in the last half where I just couldn't overcome coldness and the wish to finish. Very bad result, too embarrassed to say. You'll see it soon enough..

In fairness to WLSS there was some great target setting, so the AAA boys would likely all say it's great. There was no one stand that was stupid hard (a few bordered on it) but as a total course, intended for the whole spectrum of shooters, it was a step too far many would say. I heard a lot of people say it was the toughest thing they had ever shot. As usual many will say it was brilliant, but that level of hardness does not fit with other registered shoots and it certainly doesn't suit a wide audience. I haven't seen the final scores but something like 50% of shooters didn't make 55 I think.

Equally some people really did shine today and credit to them.  Dean Gibbs on 87, incredible. 89 HG I think, from 360 entries.
Thanks will 

Finally looked up my score and it was even worse than I thought - 41. First time I tried a pool shot beforehand and will be the last time . - even that was tough.
Pool shoots can often be the toughest thing of the day and can shatter your confidence. However, today, that may not have been possible..

Well done! I never managed that. Hit 6/6 on the tower and several one-aways. Near glory moment on stand 9, the long battues. Hit first three pairs, (it went quiet behind me, because most weren't getting near this) then the ref early-buttoned the last target. I missed it and got it again, but head was gone now.. 7/8.

the one to the right of the sim pink teals, Terry's stand no. 13.  Only missed one on young Kieran's stand no. 11, down the bottom of that path .

Stand 9 was the best bit of the day for me, I straighted it.

Just looked through the results and it was nice to see C class won with a true C class score of 68%! 

Is that the sort of standard of target presentation to expect at the English Open at West Mids SG? If so, I'm glad I got the chance to shoot something like that yesterday. All good preparation!

Just looked through the results and it was nice to see C class won with a true C class score of 68%! 
It doesn't work like that Doug. Don't confuse the cut off point for B class as being the supposed correct ceiling for C class. C class is naturally always going to contain lots of improving people who are gasping to be upgraded. In other words they are B class standard and haven't been swept out yet. A firm shoot usually get C class won on a score that falls into the A class average band of 76 ish. 

It doesn't work like that Doug. Don't confuse the cut off point for B class as being the supposed correct ceiling for C class. C class is naturally always going to contain lots of improving people who are gasping to be upgraded. In other words they are B class standard and haven't been swept out yet. A firm shoot usually get C class won on a score that falls into the A class average band of 76 ish. 
That does make a lot of sense. 

HardFocus's scores being a great example of that  B)

Shot 20 below average but fortunatly got 30yrs of experience to deal with it every target I hit I earned.

Well everyone saying they went way to hard on the B & C Class shooters (I thought so to) 

It turns out the shoot was won overall by a B Class shooter on a combined 90 (80 +10)

That's about perfect for a B class winner. At least there weren't any combined 102's or 103's like last year! (I no I shot the 102!!)

But I don't think that's right being able to hit a score that AA can't possibly get?

The man hit 86,85 and 68 in his first 300 registered targets. An average of 79.9% just how is that a b classification? If you take the next 3 shoots the 68 falls away and puts him on the border of AA. A good illustration of how the classification system is a just a little odd at times.

I'll go T/O if I know he's at a shoot I'm at and have a bacon buttie and cuppa with the extra fee! :)  

Well everyone saying they went way to hard on the B & C Class shooters (I thought so to) 

It turns out the shoot was won overall by a B Class shooter on a combined 90 (80 +10)

That's about perfect for a B class winner. At least there weren't any combined 102's or 103's like last year! (I no I shot the 102!!)

But I don't think that's right being able to hit a score that AA can't possibly get?
Which takes us full circle back onto another thread where we were discussing the delights of watching lesser scores walk off with the loot. And all this talk of having to shoot your socks off and earn every target. 

Latest posts

Back